all who are hatching quail

is it a double yolker?
average size coturnix egg, white bobwhite egg and one from a very unlucky lady. That's huge egg. Not sure

Hey i got a really important question i am in day 3 in a coturnix quail hatch and i thought everything was perfect tempature and humidity. today tempature was perfect but humidity was up to 75% another thing my egg turner wasnt turning the eggs this whole time. is this batch ruined there is 15 eggs in there. i hope not because this is my 3rd try and everything (i thought) was perfect. i am using a really old incubator and its kinda tricky. Please let me know if there ok or if i should just chuck the whole batch. My quail are laying like crazy so eggs are not a problem and they are defiantly fertile. Thanks

Your eggs are probably going to be fine. Just drop the humidity a bit and plug that turner in ad get it going. Temperature at this point is the most important thing. They should be ok. Good luck.

Just wanted to say thank you ALL again for the help! My last batch of coturnix eggs (from my own flock) finished hatching today. I originally set 36. When candled I took out 12 (no development). Out of the 24 left 3 hadn't developed (oops) and 21 hatched! One did die right after it hatched & 2 have some leg problems, but are otherwise healthy just like the other 18! FYI these are all freezer bound...had to do a test run on our eggs! I'm just extremely excited that my precious birds and I did so well!

What days do yall candle? I am candling mine now before i put em in.. then i was thinkin to candle on day 5, 10, and then on day 14 before lockdown.

Also what times do you turn your eggs? I am hand turning and here all the time so i am wondering what times yall find best.

I don't candle much, sometimes in the 5ish day range if I'm concerned about development.

Hand turning I do at 6 am, 2 pm and 10 pm.

Back
Top Bottom