all who are hatching quail

Quick question fellow quail hatchers. 
This is my first time ever using an incubator to hatch and the incubator I have is a little giants still air. I noticed the temp drops and spikes up often on its own. How do I prevent this from happening? I don't want a staggered hatch or none hatching at all. I have button quail eggs.

I've heard you can put things in that have a high specific heat to absorb heat when it gets too hot and release it when it's cooler.

Such things include rocks and water bottles.

Quick question fellow quail hatchers. 
This is my first time ever using an incubator to hatch and the incubator I have is a little giants still air. I noticed the temp drops and spikes up often on its own. How do I prevent this from happening? I don't want a staggered hatch or none hatching at all. I have button quail eggs.
I would rocomend a small fan from a computer and an old cell phone charger. You will need to remove it for lockdown however or you could grind up your chicks.

I would rocomend a small fan from a computer and an old cell phone charger. You will need to remove it for lockdown however or you could grind up your chicks.

Thats the ticket, add a fan and make it a forced air unit, however my hatcher has a fan too, I recommend placing the fan where the chicks cant get to it, not removing it.

I had some Georgia giant bobwhite eggs i ordered. Only a couple hatched a day late, I've had a hernia and lots of blood in the shell. Didn't live long. The other 3 seem to have a hard time staying on their feet. The coturnix that hatched at the same time (same incubator and everything) are just fine except one that had the same issue. Any ideas what could cause this?

I had some Georgia giant bobwhite eggs i ordered. Only a couple hatched a day late, I've had a hernia and lots of blood in the shell. Didn't live long. The other 3 seem to have a hard time staying on their feet. The coturnix that hatched at the same time (same incubator and everything) are just fine except one that had the same issue. Any ideas what could cause this?

Did you have any temperature issues?

hello this is my first quail hatch and they are hatching now day 16 one of them is beak is totally out and the rest of them are pipping and breaking the shell can i expect chicks in the morning how long can i keep them in the incubator? should i take them out 24 hrs later if there are still eggs hatching? Thanks

@Bruiserdog99 , WooHoo! Doing a
wee.gif
for all of your pipping and hatching babies!

Tomorrow is Day 16 for my first expected quail hatch. My incubator has not been the most stable this go around, so I'll be happy if I get even just a few. Just a few days after I put them in the incubator, we had rain for a few days and the humidity went through the roof even though I didn't put any water in the incubator. And now the weather has turned super dry, and I'm fighting to get the humidity up. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have pips, zips and chicks come morning...
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom