all who are hatching quail

Hrm, I haven't had any issues with mine....yet!

edited to include yet.

Yeah, I've seen people say they had drowned or wet chicks, but like dragons, I have never lost a chick to one of these. not that it wont happen, but the odds are good enough for me.

I will be receiving 12 + "extras", fertile Gambel Quail eggs the 11th - 13th. I only need 5 or so of them. If anyone has an incubator and would like to hatch some of these beautiful birds please let me know. Otherwise the extra eggs will go to waste. I am in Las Vegas, NV so if you do not live close we would just need to arrange shipping.

I decided on using some of my vintage marbles in my waterer. The quail chicks walk all over the tops of the marbles and never get wet, yet they don't have any problems getting a drink from between the marbles. And there are enough marbles in there that they can't shift them around and accidentally create a hole.

Hey i came up with a cool waterer idea i took a water bottle cap cut a slit in it hot glued it to a gatorade bottle cap then just screw in the water bottle they love it and there no chance of drowning didnt cost anything either i also have a little dish with gravel just in case the glue come apart. also another question i have 6 chicks now they all seemed fine until yesterday when i found one with a twisted neck really strange anyone have any experience with this will he just die? hes eating and drinking if it lives and is a hen id keep it and just not hatch eggs from her if its a roo he will be supper. its weird becouse when i watch him from the brooder he walks around with the bent neck but when i whistle he straigtens up. will this go away?

Hey i came up with a cool waterer idea i took a water bottle cap cut a slit in it hot glued it to a gatorade bottle cap then just screw in the water bottle they love it and there no chance of drowning didnt cost anything either i also have a little dish with gravel just in case the glue come apart. also another question i have 6 chicks now they all seemed fine until yesterday when i found one with a twisted neck really strange anyone have any experience with this will he just die? hes eating and drinking if it lives and is a hen id keep it and just not hatch eggs from her if its a roo he will be supper. its weird becouse when i watch him from the brooder he walks around with the bent neck but when i whistle he straigtens up. will this go away?
sounds like a nutritional deficiency. Not sure what causes it in quail.

Get a water bottle or soda bottle. Cut off the neck of the bottle and use it as a brace for the quails neck. As of why its caused I am unsure, I had an ameraucana chick with this twisted neck problem, unfortunately she passed away.

Hm, so out of two batches with 30 shipped button quail eggs in total, I got one to hatch. When I did my first eggtopsy, it appeared as if most the eggs had no development.
Could someone suggest what I could have done differently to get better results...? I know most people get at least 1/3 of their shipped eggs to hatch.

Thanks..

Hm, so out of two batches with 30 shipped button quail eggs in total, I got one to hatch. When I did my first eggtopsy, it appeared as if most the eggs had no development.
Could someone suggest what I could have done differently to get better results...? I know most people get at least 1/3 of their shipped eggs to hatch.

Thanks..
There's not really any way to tell you what to do differently, if I don't know what you did.

Was it you and I joking about a temp spike? and was it this batch? if the answer is yes to both of those, is it also possible you had a spike early on?

At any rate I want to help if you'll fill in some blanks, PM is ok too. -QJ

Back
Top Bottom