all who are hatching quail

OK ,
so i'm done with my hatching .out of 50 eggs, i got 7 baby quail. 6 a&m and 1 brown courtnix. i broke the other eggs open and its all the browns, they just never came out? they were all formed little quail, just couldnt get out of their shells i guess. a few had broken thru the shell and spent a few days like that. i helped a few out of their shells and they just died.SO i'm not sure whats going on with them really. shells to hard? the thing is i have 3 a&M females and 4 brown courtx, on a daily basis i get 4 eggs from the browns and 1 or 2 eggs from the A&M's
so of my 50 eggs maybe 10 were A&M eggs and 6 hatched, actually 8 but 2 died.this was all done in 2 different incubators.1 homemade the other (a store model) i borrowed from the guy at the local farm store. but i had same results with both. anyone have any ideas?

Thanks John

OK , 
so i'm done with my hatching .out of 50 eggs, i got 7 baby quail. 6 a&m and 1 brown courtnix. i broke the other eggs open and  its all the browns, they just never came out? they were all formed little quail, just couldnt get out of their shells i guess.  a few had broken thru the shell and spent a few days  like that. i helped a few out of their shells and  they just died.SO i'm not sure whats going on with them really. shells to hard? the thing is i have 3 a&M females and 4 brown courtx, on a daily basis i get 4 eggs from the browns and 1 or 2 eggs from the A&M's
so of my 50 eggs maybe 10 were A&M eggs and 6 hatched, actually 8 but 2 died.this was all done in 2 different incubators.1 homemade  the other (a store model) i borrowed from the guy at the local farm store. but i had same results with both. anyone have any ideas?

Thanks John
sounds like they were kept too wet/humid during incubation and didn't lose enough weight before hatching, so they got too big for the shell.

Does the probe just read temp like most of them? And the body tells himidity? Have to put the whole device inside. At least I have to.
ok next time i'll keep humidity a little higher, and i have a 20$ KTJ hydro/thermo i got from amazon i think. it has the wire lead /probe that goes in the incubator and the display can be outside. Any ideas on why only the A&M's are hatching? that seems really weird to me.

17 days I reckon.

Oh, my bad you're incubating, not cooking.... 4 eggs went into me about an hour ago
wink.png

OK ,
so i'm done with my hatching .out of 50 eggs, i got 7 baby quail. 6 a&m and 1 brown courtnix. i broke the other eggs open and its all the browns, they just never came out? they were all formed little quail, just couldnt get out of their shells i guess. a few had broken thru the shell and spent a few days like that. i helped a few out of their shells and they just died.SO i'm not sure whats going on with them really. shells to hard? the thing is i have 3 a&M females and 4 brown courtx, on a daily basis i get 4 eggs from the browns and 1 or 2 eggs from the A&M's
so of my 50 eggs maybe 10 were A&M eggs and 6 hatched, actually 8 but 2 died.this was all done in 2 different incubators.1 homemade the other (a store model) i borrowed from the guy at the local farm store. but i had same results with both. anyone have any ideas?

Thanks John

i kept humidity around 40% during incubation, turned the eggs until 3 days prior to hatching. last few days i raised humidity to 70%. humidity did vary from time to time but minly it dropped below 40% into the mid 30% range and i add more water. eggs are gathered a week before they go in so 5 or 6 days. about that process :) i take them out of quail pens and put them on top of my rabbit cage thats under a tree, thats under a shed.temps range from 70's at night to low 90's in the day could that be a problem? where do you store eggs before they go into incubator?

and again thanks for everyones replies , John

Back
Top Bottom