all who are hatching quail

I have a refrigerator I got for free that I store them in at 50 degrees. Not sure what the humidity is, have never checked. I haven't tried hatching any yet out of it because all I'm getting so far are chicken eggs. I don't need more chickens.

i kept humidity around 40% during incubation, turned the eggs  until 3 days prior to hatching. last few days i raised humidity to 70%. humidity did vary from time to time but minly it dropped below 40% into the mid 30% range and i add more water. eggs are gathered a week before they go in so 5 or 6 days. about that process  :)  i take them out of quail pens and put them on top of  my rabbit cage thats under a tree, thats under a shed.temps range from 70's at night to low 90's in the day  could that be a problem? where do you store eggs before they go into incubator?

and again thanks for everyones replies ,   John
I would let your humidity be a bit lower during incubation. I waited for it to reach 25% before adding more water. What kind of incubator is it? I only fill one tray, the smallest when needing to add humidity for incubation.

i kept humidity around 40% during incubation, turned the eggs until 3 days prior to hatching. last few days i raised humidity to 70%. humidity did vary from time to time but minly it dropped below 40% into the mid 30% range and i add more water. eggs are gathered a week before they go in so 5 or 6 days. about that process :) i take them out of quail pens and put them on top of my rabbit cage thats under a tree, thats under a shed.temps range from 70's at night to low 90's in the day could that be a problem? where do you store eggs before they go into incubator?

and again thanks for everyones replies , John
yes, could be that the eggs germinated in the high temps of the day then died off at night...

I store mine in a cool corner of my laundry room...bout 60 degrees

Eggs 8 days late. Some were leaking so i was just going to throw the whole batch out today. 6 are pipped now. I think my temp was a little low, like 97 or so so they are just late bloomers. Hope they hurry because i have more eggs that i need to get in there.

Eggs 8 days late. Some were leaking so i was just going to throw the whole batch out today. 6 are pipped now. I think my temp was a little low, like 97 or so so they are just late bloomers. Hope they hurry because i have more eggs that i need to get in there.
Huh.....good thing you waited 8 days! I wouldnt have! I just got my jumbo brown eggs from Capital City Poultry I ordered 60 jumbo brown and recieved 85....only one broke so I got my moneys worth! Also going to put the blue scaled egg in the bator tomorrow......doubt it will be fertil but its worth a try!

Huh.....good thing you waited 8 days! I wouldnt have! I just got my jumbo brown eggs from Capital City Poultry I ordered 60 jumbo brown and recieved 85....only one broke so I got my moneys worth! Also going to put the blue scaled egg in the bator tomorrow......doubt it will be fertil but its worth a try!
Nice. I need to get a better Hatcher set up and a better brooder cage set up for chicks. Running out of room

Nice. I need to get a better Hatcher set up and a better brooder cage set up for chicks. Running out of room
Story of my life! I need more brooders! I have those pheasants, 4 turkeys (Not keeping very long though) and 21 meat chicks (also not keeping long) along with 3 turkeys due to hatch tomorrow, 40 bobwhites, and a few coturnix all due tomorrow! Ugh need more brooders always! Then some snowflakes, scaled and those 85 coturnix due at the end of the month

Story of my life! I need more brooders! I have those pheasants, 4 turkeys (Not keeping very long though) and 21 meat chicks (also not keeping long) along with 3 turkeys due to hatch tomorrow, 40 bobwhites, and a few coturnix all due tomorrow! Ugh need more brooders always! Then some snowflakes, scaled and those 85 coturnix due at the end of the month
i need more space to put more brooders lol

Back
Top Bottom