all who are hatching quail

It's been 18 days and the first brown coturnix hatched. A couple other eggs are moving. I had to move out of the rental house today and moved them across town. Some eggs may be upside down now. Oh well. One started to chip out, but he's paused.

I got home Friday night to find these little peepers running around in my incubator, have 11 so far, one started to crack out but didn't make it. Today is day 19, still hoping to see more hatch soon.

I candled 2/3s of my quail eggs in the incubator and 8 of them were not fertile. There were three with blood rings. So I'm down to 81 eggs. I'll candle the remaining eggs later tonight. I don't want to leave the incubator open too long so I'm candling in batches.

I've got 88 bobwhite eggs in the incubator currently, 10 of them are cracked from shipping but developing thus far (day four)

Humidity holding steady at 53% and temperature between 99.4 and 99.8 every time I check - should be a decent hatch of shipped eggs.

Some are pretty pulverized but the membrane is in good shape so I guess I'll see. I couldn't just throw them out
fl.gif

Some are pretty pulverized but the membrane is in good shape so I guess I'll see.  I couldn't just throw them out  :fl
I put my thumb print in a shell. Created a pretty big spider crack and it wrapped around the egg too. It was a duck egg and it even pipped where I painted over it and it's alive and thriving.
Also had to paint a wellsummer egg and it hatched and lived until someone bought it and let their dog eat it.

Sorry for the Welsummer.

Yeah I guess we'll see. I am hoping for another 90% + hatch rate on shipped eggs but only time will tell. I can't wait to see another day old bobwhite chick. Purely adorable.

Back
Top Bottom