all who are hatching quail

Moved 80 XLD cortunix from hatcher to brooder last night. Left 3 in hatcher that were not dried yet. This morning had another 15 in the hatcher. Having a good hatch. It will still take me a couple of more weekly hatches to catch up on chick orders.

Well we got two Gambles. It looks like that is all we are going to get. Started with 14 eggs and we have just ended up with the two chicks. Guess it is better than nothing. One of them is really wobbly. Hope she pulls out of that.

Last edited:
Dang, well I hope yours and @titika both start picking up production....My birds are on natural light so I am not expecting a ton of eggs
I butchered off ten males so that should help. I had one roo per hen and it was way too much stress on the ladies. I didn't realize i had that many roos until i started sorting them out.

It could be from the summer heat...

Yeah I am no bobwhite expert but I know that my coturnix hens went from laying 23-25 eggs daily to 12-14 daily when the temps rocketed up to the high 80s/mid 90s.

My bobwhites are little embryos right now but they'll be having fun in the sun in a few weeks
lol.png

Dang, well I hope yours and @titika both start picking up production....My birds are on natural light so I am not expecting a ton of eggs

WW, why would natural lighting not be maximizing their potential this time of year? We're at just under 16 hours of natural daylight in the E WA / N ID areas right now and we've been over 14 for a long time
idunno.gif
curious more than anything...

Back
Top Bottom