all who are hatching quail

So sorry for everyone that lost birds to predators.
hugs.gif

Tips for keeping birds safe

• Use hardware cloth instead of chicken wire, its much stronger
  • Use wire with openings no larger than 1X1/2" to keep predators from pulling birds through the wire or birds from putting their heads through.
  • Where possible cover the edges of hardware cloth with strips of wood
  • Raise cages off the ground three or four feet
  • For on ground aviaries or flights bury hardware cloth or hog panels a couple of feet out along the perimeter to deter digging predators
  • Secure doors with raccoon proof latches.
  • Electric wires will help repel stubborn predators.
  • Strips or panels of plywood at ground level will create a visual and physical barrier against easy predation

Yikes! Call your nearest state wildlife office? They will probably want to relocate it.
Does that cat have a long tail? Bobcats have a very short tail. The coloring on it suggests a small mountain lion or a cougar in your area. Let us know what it turns out to be. Call your local Department of wildlife so they can get rid of it.

we cought it !!! A look to be a bobcat... it ate my turkey and my polish hen ... what do i do know???
That is a bobcat. Be careful, they do alot of damage, as your turkey and polish hen sadly found out about. Most fish and game offices will gladly either put down the animal, or relocate it no questions asked. May i ask what you used as bait?

I vote for a mountain lion/cougar call the animal control asap. If you hear what sounds like a woman screaming it is the lion! They make some strange noises and are very dangerous! be careful!

Back
Top Bottom