all who are hatching quail

I got one more. Now we are up too 3 different chipmunk ones...

Last edited:
Well, bugger. My temps began to fluctuate, I assume because today is lockdown and they're generating their own heat. Got up from a nap and they were at 104. Yikes! It probably wasn't too long since I checked before laying down. Hoping I saved them in time. Now I'm paranoid and checking every 20 minutes. Lesson learned: ALWAYS be vigilent and don't get too comfortable.

Well, bugger. My temps began to fluctuate, I assume because today is lockdown and they're generating their own heat. Got up from a nap and they were at 104. Yikes! It probably wasn't too long since I checked before laying down. Hoping I saved them in time. Now I'm paranoid and checking every 20 minutes. Lesson learned: ALWAYS be vigilent and don't get too comfortable.
Don't worry! My temp sometimes (rarely) got up to 106 for a little bit when I got settled down and before I knew it, you just do everything you can to fix it.

Yep I love all the different types. I ended up with 8 out of 12 hatching. The others didn't make it to hatching but we're fully developed. I lost one today for some reason so now I am back down to 7. All and all a good hatch I think.

You have a little bit of every color there.. are the. A &M and some Italians. ..

Last edited:
Yep I love all the different types. I ended up with 8 out of 12 hatching. The others didn't make it to hatching but we're fully developed. I lost one today for some reason so now I am back down to 7. All and all a good hatch I think.
i have a pair of golden Coturnix quail that are giving me a variety of colors ... These 4 are from them hatched out at the same time..

ADORABLE!! I LOVE IT!
P.S.---> These little Chicklets LOVE wax worms
love.gif
They can be quite expensive (Petsmart: $5-6 a small container...
sickbyc.gif
Amazon: $16-34) But Since my chicks love them so much, I found this site on how to breed them to save money! Its very time consuming ( around 8 weeks) but I figured I would give it a shot?
Any thoughts on this extravagant project?
i have a pair of golden Coturnix quail that are giving me a variety of colors ... These 4 are from them hatched out at the same time..

So here are some of my 6 day old chicks. I had 19 of 24 eggs hatch. Most of them look like this one

Which is jumbo brown couturnix

This one I'm not sure what color it will be

And then there is this one

Anyone have any idea what the last two will look like?
Thanks in advance,
Andy

Back
Top Bottom