all who are hatching quail

Well Lock Down today. Got 60 JM farms eggs been in my homemade bator. This is day 14. I know one won't hatch as when I transferred from rotating egg trays to still egg trays it broke and was hollow. Hoping for at least a few to hatch.

I use the end of day 15 or beginning of day 16. It's not going to hurt the eggs if you are off a bit. My coturnix are jumbos and they tend to take a little longer to hatch, typically 17 into day 18 for stragglers.

I use the end of day 15 or beginning of day 16. It's not going to hurt the eggs if you are off a bit. My coturnix are jumbos and they tend to take a little longer to hatch, typically 17 into day 18 for stragglers.
X2...... The rule of 3 days is not in stone. I usually run staggered hatches and dont like to turn off the turners till the last minute. But I have also been known to miscount my hatch date and quit turning too soon or not at all!

70 bobs in one bator, 50 eggs and counting from my layers. I plan to set again next week in my other bator. Hatched 75 bobs last week, hatched 60 on Easter. ugh. up to my neck in bobs.
he.gif
At least my pup will get plenty of training.

I have 64 eggs in the incubator and today is day 16..This is my first hatch and I am starting to see a few eggs wiggle around. I am so excited I can hardly wait. We have about 40 A&M and some Tuxedo and Golden Italian. .hope to see babies in the morning.

Out of 64 eggs, so far 41 have hatched 38 are still alive. At 1pm today will be day 19.. One hatched this morning. How long do you all leave the eggs in?? I was thinking day 23 and if nothing else pull them..They are all Coturnix

Back
Top Bottom