all who are hatching quail

I am in Lawrenceville/Gwinnett County... I am looking for Jumbo Bob Whites to buy. I only want 15 that's it. when you order online you have to order at least 50. I am one person and I don't need 50. does anyone have some for sale?

Hello

I'm new to the to the sight but thanks to all on here you got me hooked. Last year around August I bought 1000 day old bobwhite, sold the last one in February. In February of this year, I set 200 hundred bobwhite eggs and today they hatched. I have about 150 new babies so far. I set 250 today so I am going to be busy for a awhile.

Hello

I'm new to the to the sight but thanks to all on here you got me hooked. Last year around August I bought 1000 day old bobwhite, sold the last one in February. In February of this year, I set 200 hundred bobwhite eggs and today they hatched. I have about 150 new babies so far. I set 250 today so I am going to be busy for a awhile.
How do you like your GQF cabinet incubator? I'm thinking of getting one..

I think its great!!!! I built an incubator the dimension of the 1502 but I didn't get the hatch rate I wanted, I couldn't keep the temp constant. In the 1502, out of 200 eggs, I have 185 babies. I checked the eggs that didn't hatch and some were not good to start with. Anyway this was my first batch in the 1502 and I couldn't be more happier. It is like they say, plug and play. I did see one problem and that was with the temp. It comes preset at 100 degrees and I had one or two hatch early. I have adjusted it to 99.5 this go around and hopefully will get even a better hatch.

I found out that it takes way too long to hand turn each egg so any suggestions to make it easier?
I just rolled them around a bit the first time, but I don't want to crack them. I thought of putting them in the cartons they came in and just tilting those one side to the other OR putting a book under one side of the whole incubator. Which sounds better? Would the cartons keep the eggs from being warmed evenly because there's no air circulating under the eggs?

My knowledge of physics tell me that anything you put in the incubator should eventually reach whatever temp it is inside. If you put the eggs in a carton and then flip the carton occasionally it should work. The fan circulates the air so all areas of the incubator are kept at an even temp. I dont think the carton should be a problem.

[COLOR=333333]I found out that it takes way too long to hand turn each egg so any suggestions to make it easier?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]I just rolled them around a bit the first time, but I don't want to crack them.   I thought of putting them in the cartons they came in and just tilting those one side to the other OR putting a book under one side of the whole incubator.   Which sounds better?   Would the cartons keep the eggs from being warmed evenly because there's no air circulating under the eggs?[/COLOR]

I bought a tray for mine so the eggs were always sitting up. I did the "book method" and tilted the entire incubator a couple times per day. It seemed to work pretty well, but I only did that for one hatch.

I'm brand new to this site and it is awesome I've fixed so many problems and the advise is amazing.
1f44d.png
I hatched coturnix quail once before it being my first time hatching eggs. It was terrible. Out of 150 eggs I hatched 12 and all but one died later on for a reason I'm not sure of. But out of all of that I ended up with one very healthy male Italian colored male. He is so awesome and friendly.
1f60a.png
I was just able to acquire about 4 dozen from a friend. I candles them on day 14 and almost halve where infertile but only two where dead. I've been incubating in a LG and struggled with humidity and all sorts of other things but I'm now on day 15 and I'm pretty sure I heard some peeps. I managed to bring the humidity from 43 to 63 get rid of most of the sugar ants and get everything else right. I'm worried the same thing as last time will happen but I have a good feeling this time
1f604.png

Back
Top Bottom