All you egg sellers out there!!! LOOK HERE!!!!

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
What is a good price to sell our eggs? we have been sellin them at 3 dollars a dozen to familly and friends but my mom wants to sell em to teachers and other pplz now and she thinks 4 dollars....what do you guys think huh?

THANKS!!!!

Justino

Most of the ones here are $2/dozen, but we're in a low income area. The gross ones at the grocery store are pretty close to that price. ($1.88 last I checked.)

We have been selling ours for $3.00/doz. My mom is selling them like crazy at work (they love the blue eggs!). There is currently a waiting list!
big_smile.png
I was just checking at a small upscale grocery store near us today the the free range eggs were $3.39/doz and the organic free range were $4.49/doz. so I don't feel bad at all selling mine for $3.00. I know that the eggs I am selling are only a couple of days old when the buyers are getting them!

Elaine

4 bucks sounds too high for casual sales to co-workers to me unless you can guarantee they are fed only organic feed. Even then, you are selling directly to the consumer, not through a supply chain as even upscale stores have to account for.

Wayne

$3.00 a dozen sounds resonable but if you think you can get a little more go for it. We all spend a lot of time with our chickens and you have a right to charge what the market will pay.
smile.png

Quote:
nope,

and i think 3 is fine but its my mom who thinks 4 is better lol

Back
Top Bottom