Alot of questions

husso

Chirping
Feb 14, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi freinds its me again with some questions lol i got some pigeons that come and interact with mine they look healthy and nice i was wondering if i catch them and put them in with my 2 white pigeons what will happen and mines are on eggs and it should hatch in a few days would they attack my pigeon or kill the hatchlings ?

Hi freinds its me again with some questions lol i got some pigeons that come and interact with mine they look healthy and nice i was wondering if i catch them and put them in with my 2 white pigeons what will happen and mines are on eggs and it should hatch in a few days would they attack my pigeon or kill the hatchlings ?

I advise against putting wild pigeons with your domestic ones. Even though the wild birds look healthy; they very well could be diseased or carrying disease. More than likely the wild pigeons would cause the pair to leave their eggs.

Last edited:

i got some pigeons that come and interact with mine they look healthy and nice i was wondering if i catch them and put them in with my 2 white pigeons what will happen and mines are on eggs and it should hatch in a few days would they attack my pigeon or kill the hatchlings ? Not in a perfect world but it has been know to happen especially if crowding is an issue.
That being said if you decide to catch them you should put them in isolation powder them for lice and watch for any signs of ill health before housing them with your white homers just as a precaution.
Pigeons are not native to North America and feral have a good homing instinct as a rule that being said with a steady supply of food they should orientate to your loft in a perfect world. One of my best homing pigeons was a feral that I robbed from a nest (I knew the squab was good homing stock.)

Last edited:
Could be escaped/abandoned pets, that all stray and feral.. World over mostly from homers/racers, and meat pigeons, some tumblers/rollers. I've had ferals/strays make pets, just don't put in with parenting birds. Ferals are farther removed and are only blue bar and or checked, you probably have homer or tumblers or mixes of homers and anything else. Most ferals tested show some to most homer blood.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom