Am I a boy???

thomaschickens

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
Washougal, WA
So now that my chicks are over 8 weeks old, I was hoping you could tell me whether or not I have a roo in the mix. This is Lily, one of my BLR Wyandottes I got from a farm supply who is supposed to be a pullet. While I think I know the answer already, I'm going to leave the final verdict up to the experts!
The one in question is the one in the back, with his/her sister (Violet) in front. Violets tail feathers are nice and straight...Lily's, not so much.
Lily's tail feathers looking VERY curly in this picture. But then I tell myself that some of my adult hens have slightly curved tail feathers lol.

In this picture, I don't really see much of a difference between the two.

From this angle they don't look that different to me either. But then again, I am pretty new at this. So what's your opinion???

YEAH!!!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
You have made my day! No wait, you have made my YEAR!!!

Juliechick- what do you see in them both that makes them look like roosters? I only ask because I really have no idea what to look for except the tail feathers (and Violets are nice and straight). Please educate me
caf.gif

I can't speak for JulieChick but to me they both look like roos because of theire very pronounced, very red combs

Thanks robross. I'm really hoping that since they both have red combs and thick legs that maybe it's just the breed and not indicative of their sex. I would hate to think that in the "pullets" bin, I pulled out 2 boys
barnie.gif

At eight weeks old, they would not have saddle feathers. I'm tempted to say both roosters also. The pattering of the feathering also looks male. Let us know what happens!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom