Am I a boy???

hit.gif
I really wanted 2 BLR hens, and it looks like I got 2 roosters instead! Well that just stinks. I'll let y'all know what happens.

I am going with roo's. WHY? Here is a SLW at 8 weeks... Notice wattles and combs... NON EXISTENT at that time...
900x900px-LL-645097e5_102729_aug10_008.jpeg

Here is a GLW at 12 weeks... or 3 months...
900x900px-LL-33d782db_102729_vanna.jpeg

So, going by that fact that your wyandottes are 8 weeks, and have both pronounced comb and wattles already, and if they were pullets... still need 2 more months until they start to show up...
At 6 months, this pullet has only just gotten to POL, and her wattles and comb have finally developed.
900x900px-LL-c315d106_102729_vanna_6_mo.jpeg

And now at a year...
LL

They are both a year in this foto. it was only taken last month, and you can see the comb and wattle on the silver... Well anyway...

You got your self to lovely boys...

thanks everyone! Especially NovaAman for the great photos. Well I guess we have our answer. Anyone near SW Washington want 2 really sweet, very people friendly BLR Wyandottes Cockerels lol?

I have three GLW's and they had visible wattles by 6-8 weeks if I remember correctly. They're now close to 11-12 weeks I think and they all still look like hens to me. The combs on yours look bigger than my girls have even now, but I don't think I'd completely give up hope that they could still be hens. I'm not familiar with that type of Wyandotte, however.

Back
Top Bottom