Am I an animal hoarder?

bridgetchicken

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
I have two dogs, one cat, and a few birds. Am I considered an animal hoarder? I don't consider myself as a hoarder, but I love animals more than people and I used to volunteer at animal shelters, zoos and aquariums. I am worried what other people might think of me. But I take really good care of my pets.

I have two dogs, one cat, and a few birds. Am I considered an animal hoarder? I don't consider myself as a hoarder, but I love animals more than people and I used to volunteer at animal shelters, zoos and aquariums. I am worried what other people might think of me. But I take really good care of my pets.
Not a hoarder so long as you are providing proper care for them and it sounds like you are. I wouldn’t think anything about the number of animals you have. I have 2 dogs 2 cats and 10 chickens. I am absolutely sure many folks here outpace us both easily in numbers but they take wonderful care all of them. Thats the key difference in my opinion between an enthusiast and a hoarder.

We have 2 dogs, 1 cat (was 2 cats until last year), and since September... 15 chickens (14 pullets 1 cockerel). If you're a hoarder, so am I. I love animals more than people too. LOL
As long as you can care for them, I don't see any issues at all.

Thanks everyone for reassuring me! I was also diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and I think my worrying is getting the best of me. To be honest the best medicine for me was having all my pets!

We have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 3 rabbits, 1 hamster, 4 fish, 2 goats, 2 horses, 3 guineas, 34 ducks, 52 chickens. No you are not a hoarder. We have started thinking of our home as a farm without profits.
That's what I want to do when I win the lottery - open up a rescue sanctuary for animals.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom