am I the only non-girly one around??

I like to fish and camp, build stuff and fix stuff around the house. Make up for work, but I take care of my skin. I can curse like a sailor when I get mad, too. I don't whine, nag or complain (except about my MIL, which is part of the marriage vow LOL).

But dang I love my diamonds and pearls, my sewing machine and fabric, my bubble bath and my pet ducks.

I can curse like a sailor when I get mad, too. I don't whine, nag or complain (except about my MIL, which is part of the marriage vow LOL).

lau.gif
clap.gif
I bet MOST of us can relate to that!!​

Last edited:
I wear dresses to church and when needed but other than that its jeans or shorts with a tshirt. I love to fish and cleaning them don't bother me. Never been huntin but would love too. I do whatever I am physically able to around the farm when possible. Makeup is a no for me. My DH cleans house and bakes better than me
gig.gif
but I sure can cook.

I'm a tomboy but do like dressing up and going out and pink is one of my favorite colors. I love shopping and shoes are my vice.

But, I can hold my own with the guys when it comes to lots of things, like cars, guns, outdoor sports like kayaking or mountain biking, hiking and such. I don't need to be comfortable and take my licks. I usually hang with guys because I cannot deal with the cattiness and back stabbing of girls when they get together.

So, I guess in a way I'm girlie and in way I'm way tomboy...

I love the pics ! in that first pic your wild/sassy side is showing !

I have to admit this post is turning out alot more fun than I thought it would be - thanks all for joining in - what a crew of non-girly girls BYC has LOL
everything from bull riding,power tools,mucking stalls, to bubble baths and shopping LOL

I have to say last night I actually took a nice hot bath with some of those bath oils and got all relaxed - and than from the livingroom I hear a crash and DH yelling at one of the dogs - so much for that moment of girlieness -

oh well better luck next time
Julie

Quote:
LOL, don't even get me started on purses!! My grandmother was a compulsive collector of all things purse! When she passed away my mother found two laundry hampers full of them, some with the tags still on them. My mother and I are both equally obsessed. I'm on the eternal quest for the perfect purse, which of course doesn't exist, unless someone invents one that changes magically with each moment. Anyway....
I own my own drill and know how to use it so as far as I'm concerned you get points!!

OH NO - My DH burst my non girly girl bubble. I showed him some of the post along with my post.
He laughed and told me I was suffering from an identity crisis. He agrees that I am not really a girly girl but can play the "delicate little flower" "domestic goddess" if it suites my purpose.
When I of course denied all charges he started naming off things. DRAT...... I guess even though I don't do makeup and dresses....deep down I am still a girl.
And thanks to you all - I have loved getting to know so much about everyone.

Quote:
LOL, don't even get me started on purses!! My grandmother was a compulsive collector of all things purse! When she passed away my mother found two laundry hampers full of them, some with the tags still on them. My mother and I are both equally obsessed. I'm on the eternal quest for the perfect purse, which of course doesn't exist, unless someone invents one that changes magically with each moment. Anyway....
I own my own drill and know how to use it so as far as I'm concerned you get points!!

I was a "purser", too. Always searching for just the right one. You know the one.......

have kids, so it has to be versatile in that you can throw it over your shoulder or on your elbow whilst beating a child into submissiveness (sp?), or picking said screaming child up from the latest fall.

Also have to be able to get 'into' it to find the shower stall you KNOW was in there this morning, or the candy you just smuggled into the theatre.

Then there's the 'smaller is better' phase. "My shoulders are killing me from packing the beach bag around all the time, so let's go with the clutch. I'll just learn to not carry so much." That lasts until you want to go to the movie again.

I finally found the perfect 'purse'. Got a cell phone carrier that has a loop for my chapstick (yep, CHAPSTICK....no lipstick for these lips, thank you), a "pocket" for what little cash I ever carry and a "pocket" that holds my debit card and driver's license, and of course, the "phone spot". It's perfect. Got everything I truly ever need to carry. I've carried it for almost two years now and I love it. I drop my keys in my pocket or hook the lanyard on a belt loop and away I go.

Free at last!!

edited to add, I discovered the wonders of pay per view on DISH Network, so no need for the theatres, either!

Last edited by a moderator:
the purse thing IS seductive.
and i'm not even one of those chanel type purse people . . .
set me loose in the purse section at target and i'm like a kid at disney!
an adorable, cheap purse makes my little heart go pitter pat.

last week, for instance, i stopped into target for something or other and got sidelined by the purses. walked out with a big, multi-pocket jobbie with a really cute pink and gray camo material.

like chicken-mama and hen23 i'm always looking for the "perfect" one but then too my needs keep morphing (a few years ago i needed "small" now i've gone BIG again!)

yea purses!

I admit I am a purse hound too. I'll tell you a funny story. I once worked in a clothing store and of course we sold purses too. Well, DH said enough was enough, and I agreed NO MORE!!! So one day I had to do markdowns, and this sweet purse was on super sale, so I thought, okay one more. After the store closed and I was going to my car I decided to put it in my trunk, and I would sneak it into the house...no one would be the wiser. Well, did I not LOCK MY KEYS IN THE TRUNK!!!! I had to call Dh to come in town (45 min) and get my keys out for me. So I had to explain how it happened, and here is this brand new purse in my trunk with the key beside it!!! I was so embarassed, but he laughed so hard, he didn't even care about my sneaky purchase!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom