am I the only non-girly one around??

Well I really find fishing kinda boring, never tried hunting. I did help lift the 8" thick logs some where 10 or 12' long for our log house, some it took all three of us to lift. I carved and fit all the rafters and valley rafter ends and the logs the ridge beams had to fit threw and anything else that didn't fit right. Helped wire the electrical outlets. Cut and put foam insulation on the roof, helped lift 2by4's and plywood up on the roof. Nailed down the tar paper, helped lift the metal roofing up onto the roof. Fit sheetrock around round floor joists on the top of the first floor walls. DH, SO and I built the outside of our coops, I did most of the inside frame work and welded wire, dividing it into breeding cages. I like to sew, paint plaster animals and people so they look real. Draw, Cut, carve and paint wooden puzzles. I also think feet are ugly and they gross me out, but no bad memories. Don't paint any nails finger or toe, any more. But when I was 9 months preg. (years ago) I did paint my toe nails, while in labor(I had 5 days and was BORED) I'm 5'3" and had a 9#8 1/2 oz. baby- they couldn't figure out how I reached them. Don't use a chain saw, but carry the wood DH cuts and hawl it with with 4wheeler. Most of the time I can carry 50# or better. Makeup- not anymore, I do miss it sometimes, but my skin looks better since I stopped using it. I loved to bake breads and home made pizza. I do like dressing up, but it better be warm. There are probably other things I could do, but DH has to have something to do around here!
wink.png

Hello, I am new here. Reading this has made me laugh so hard, I am crying.
lau.gif
(mostly about the feet)
tongue.gif

Plain Jane here.

1. I was a Marine but actually they made me look more girly than I would normally.

2. I own guns and love range shooting, but have never had the need to hunt anything.

3. I don't wear make-up (maybe mascara.......maybe). I need chapstick, kinda like Napoleon Dynamite.

4. I have long, flowing hair that hasn't been in a bun since I was in the military and gets cut once or twice a year by my mother or mother-in-law.

5. The last time I wore a skirt: was my uniform that I wore to the Marine Corps Ball in 2002 and they tried to get me to wear shiny, black high heels too.
lol.png
That didn't happen.

6. I love all animals. Some people might call that girly, but I don't think so.

7. I LOVE to be barefoot.

8. My purse is a diaper bag.

9. I paint my nails with my daughter occasionally.

10. I enjoy fishing but have only caught 2 fish..... yes two.
idunno.gif

11. Soaking in the bathtub is not a pleasant experience for me.

Girly things:

1. I like to cook and bake.

2. I like Hello Kitty.
tongue.png

3. My favorite animals are bunnies.

4. I like perfume. Just one spray, not 15!!!!! Yuck!

5. I like to have tea (but so does my husband).

Edit: 6. How could I forget....I absolutely love flowers and plants (I agree get them for me in the pot, not cut in a vase).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds alot like me!!! It has nothing to do with being a "non" girly girl. You are just what I call a Down To Earth kinda girl. If need be, you can survive on your own on your own land which is good. Not all the makeup in the world, or fancy dresses can fill a tummy!!

I think I'm the best of both worlds.
cool.png

I LOVE makeup. That doesn't mean I wear everything all at once, though.
hmm.png
Nordstrom is my favorite place, and if someone set me loose in a mall with a million bucks, I'd probably die of a heart attack. Purses? My obsession. I have tons of them. Cheap, expensive, you name it. I'll take any purse I can get my hands on. Boots... another favorite. Cowboy boots, tall boots, short boots, expensive boots... I don't care. I like them all! Same with jeans. I've spent obnoxious amounts of money on jeans but I wear jeans everyday. That's how I justify it to DH.
lol.png
I also love perfume, but ONE SPRAY is enough. I love to get dressed up because I feel better that way. I walk a little taller (I'm 5'9" to begin with, lol), look a little prouder, and my DH thinks I'm hot so that's a plus, too. I get my toenails done in the summer and I always make sure my hair is a nice color (although it usually goes up in a pony tail).

On the other hand... My favorite place in on my horse, with the girls, in the garden, or on my dirtbike. I'd rather go camping than on some fancy shmancy vacation. I can drink enough vodka to kill a small horse. I cuss when I'm mad, I roll in the dirt, I ride my dirtbike just as well as the guys, I drive a truck (a REAL truck!), and I could probably kick my husband's a$$. I get along better with guys than girls. My best friend is my dad. I rodeoed for 12 years. I wanted to bull ride but my dad wouldn't let me!
tongue.png

But, most importantly, I'm myself. I do what I need to do to be happy and be true to myself. I'm a good friend, a good wife, and I hope that someday soon, God will let me be a good mom!

Non girly here too.
Never wear makeup
Never had a manicure (nails look awful)
never wear a dress (don't even own one)
Hair is shorter than my DH ( I do color it tho)
Wear jeans and DH's t shirts
Fish and hunt
Played football and softball with the boys when I was a kid

im girly in little aspects. i love me a good skirt and cute shoes but when i done outta that, its in my jeans and my boots for a nice walk in the mud. all the girls at my school say im half a girl because i go to school in boots and jeans and if theres a mud hole you can guarentee i'll be in it =] dont mind getting dirty
dont wear make up
although i care for my hair. a pony tail or a bun is my normal do. and I only spend 2 mins on it. =]
cant stand those girly drama shows nor the color pink
I love fishing, camping and hunting.
and no thank you to those preppy clothes im better suited to jeans,t-shirt and boots =]
and give me a hammer,wood,nails anything that can build stuff and i'll be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
All those years of growing up with 6 older brothers, you think I could be a girly girl? NO WAY! I've always been a tom-boy!

I do wear makeup to work and church.

I get my hair done, as it is too fine to grow long.

I have two guns, and a fishing pole.

I'd rather be outside than inside.

I get along better with guys than women!

I wear guys pull over shirts

Don't like to wear dresses!

LOVE my jeans. Actually quit a job when they told us we couldn't wear jeans to work. Hate slacks! Like my Wranglers, Rockies, and Twenty X.

Tom-boy here, too. I've always liked boy toys (not toy boys!
tongue.png
) more than girly stuff, never played with dolls, would rather be riding my bike and climbing trees. My mother had to force me into a dress! I went through a make up phase when I was about 14 and figured out pretty quick all it did was cost a lot and make my face break out!

Now that I'm :ahem: older I do admit to having a few female indulgences. I love to have a pedicure and I get my hair cut, coloranced, or highlighted every six weeks. Trying to hide that grey!
lau.gif
My favorite things to do, though, are still the same, anything outdoors, guns, I love old cars, canoeing, kayaking, and you can't keep me away from my gardens. Shopping? Yeck! Can't stand it. Jeans and sneakers are my casual attire, for work I'm always in Pilates clothes, comfy stuff. I can't stuff my feet into female shoes, I've never worn them.

Back
Top Bottom