Phanata

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
So my father an I plan on getting a new pet quail in a week or so we don’t plan on hatching it we only plan on buying a few how many Cortunix quail should we get? I am aware old world quail are very social but am not sure on how many maybe two? Am not really sure also do anyone of you have any recommendations on where to buy baby quails okay that’s all and a lot of questions I hope you can answer thank you if you do!

So my father an I plan on getting a new pet quail in a week or so we don’t plan on hatching it we only plan on buying a few how many Cortunix quail should we get? I am aware old world quail are very social but am not sure on how many maybe two? Am not really sure also do anyone of you have any recommendations on where to buy baby quails okay that’s all and a lot of questions I hope you can answer thank you if you do!
Quails are flock birds so any less than 6-10 they will be more flighty/skittish it depends where you are google hatchery's near you and call they will tell you what they have wether or not they can ship them to you or if you have to pick them up. hope you find what you're looking for

quail should not be shipped under 3 weeks old.....myshire farm ships live quail and hatching eggs. I’ve heard of some pet stores and feed stores that stock coturnix quail. you may also want to check for local sources through craigslist or facebook. you could keep as few as 2 as pets as long as they are same gender, but male:female ratio is 1:5 to prevent overbreeding and/or aggressive behavior.....i hope that helps! Good luck on your quail journey!

Update! I got the quails! Am naming one of them Basil and i might name the other Pepper but if Pepper turns out to be a boy I’ll name him something else they are very sleepy right now and currently sleeping and not to mention Pepper is kind of aggressive over food because I was feeding Basil and then Pepper stole Basil’s food here are some pictures! Basil:
67CF59DB-F66E-4F2C-97A6-3D338D436F2D.jpeg
93AFF1DF-8C5D-45BE-8930-397C5F5C3DE2.jpeg

Pepper!

Back
Top Bottom