Amazing mother love.

Buckie quine

Hatching
May 10, 2015
Several weeks ago I took my two cockerels to auction as I did'nt want anymore chicks. Four days later a little hen found the three eggs laid that day and laid claim to them. I told her she was out of luck and dually marked them with a big black cross and left her to it. The customary 21 days came and went. On day 23 I was amazed to hear a chick. Two days later another one appeared, a grey baby this time. Now two days later another one is being hatched as we speak. ! Not only do I see this as a miracle all my hens and both cockerels were black. Aracuna x Frizzels. . Unless someone is hiding their light under a bushel there is something going on I don't understand. Today another hen has found herself an egg. I await with baited breath!

Hens can retain fertility for up to a month after a rooster has been removed from the flock. It tapers off as time goes by 2 weeks of high fertility, 3rd week moderate fertility, 4th week occasional fertility. Other animals also have this ability to varying degrees.

Congratulations on your new (surprise) chicks!
jumpy.gif

Congratulations on your new (surprise) chicks!
jumpy.gif
x 2!
Hens can retain fertility for up to a month after a rooster has been removed from the flock. It tapers off as time goes by 2 weeks of high fertility, 3rd week moderate fertility, 4th week occasional fertility. Other animals also have this ability to varying degrees.
I didn't know this sourland, thanks for sharing.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom