Ameraucana Gender????

barnie.gif
I don't think I can wait! Thanks for the advice, but do you have any idea what it could be??

This breed is really hard to tell gender on when they're young. I have the same problem with my Easter Eggers. One youngster (EE mother, Andalusian father) pretended to be a pullet until he was 4 months old, whereupon he hit a massive growth spurt and that cute little pea comb morphed into a misshapen blob that flopped down the side of his face like a triangle of melting cheese. Normally I can call the gender pretty well on our chicks at a month old, but Baron Ashler kept me guessing for a long time!

This breed is really hard to tell gender on when they're young. I have the same problem with my Easter Eggers. One youngster (EE mother, Andalusian father) pretended to be a pullet until he was 4 months old, whereupon he hit a massive growth spurt and that cute little pea comb morphed into a misshapen blob that flopped down the side of his face like a triangle of melting cheese. Normally I can call the gender pretty well on our chicks at a month old, but Baron Ashler kept me guessing for a long time!

I know they are pretty hard to tell the gender of... unfortunately. lol

Back
Top Bottom