Ameraucana genetics question

I want to introduce them to that pen yes. I love the duck wing patterning and I like it in blue and silver or lavender and silver quite a lot. Birchen can be more interesting and I might do an isabella w/ birchen later. I don't really like the wheaten color. I think mostly because birchen and duck-wing females are more interesting color wise in those two for me.
I really love wheaten females, blue wheaten and silver quail are my favorite colors in chickens because both males and females are really beautiful in my eye.

Quail color is amazing looking. Not sure I can get that in Ameraucana. I would like to get laced or spangled.
If quail got added to Ameraucana bantams I would be so confused because of d’Anvers. I personally think black, white, blue, self blue, and buff Ameraucana bantam hens look like boring d’Anvers bantams.

Ya know what? I think I'm gona do the blue x lavender in my Ameracanas. I'm not showing and the people buying are not showing and I like the color. It also saves me the headache of separating my current Ameracanas from each other. Pen is gona be BBSL. Silvers to be added some time either in 2024 or 2025.
Whenever you actually start getting lavender-blues or blue-lavenders in a few years i'd love to see the pictures. Only ones I've seen have been from the example I shared, and that's a pretty limited view of how the color turns out.
I really love wheaten females, blue wheaten and silver quail are my favorite colors in chickens because both males and females are really beautiful in my eye.
I'm obsessed with wheaten and blue wheaten. Plain duckwing allele hens- e+, eb, and ewh- are all so naturally pretty to me though. They've got such beautiful patterns, and on top of that are sexually dimorphic and easy to sex. Silver Ameraucanas are a delight too, of course.
It will be a bit of a pain separating my blues next year, but since I show them it's probably best they don't crossbreed
Yeah, since you're showing, mixing those colors together won't really benefit you. You'll get more SOP-patterns, and better showing birds if you separate the pens.

I'm obsessed with wheaten and blue wheaten. Plain duckwing allele hens- e+, eb, and ewh- are all so naturally pretty to me though. They've got such beautiful patterns, and on top of that are sexually dimorphic and easy to sex. Silver Ameraucanas are a delight too, of course.
I like the look of plain duckwing hens though not as much as wheaten and quail hens.

Questions:
1. It this 1st pic is ar 2.5 weeks old is this Duckwing coloring? I like the coloring just don't know what its called to know what to look for to get more like her.
2. 2nd pic is the same chick just after hatch 3rd pic is today at almost 4 weeks old. I was told she is pure Ameraucana where here other 2 hatch mates only share her dad. Do you think this is true? She did hatch from a blue egg.

More Info:
My Cinnamon Queen (RIR x SLW) when broody this summer at only 6 months old so we got her eggs when she went broody again at 7 months old. She is a good momma so I'm going to get BBS Ameraucana eggs later next year, I'm thinking, from a reputable breeder this time since it will be planned and more controlled. My user pic has the other 2 in it. They hatched from blue-green eggs. If I had not hatched them myself I'd really have questions! 4th Pic of the eggs in the nest, I marked out the egg that didn't hatch.

I know its too really to tell hen or roo! So, I'm calling them all Hens, LOL I really want them to be hens and I really want blue and green eggs! till I get more.

Attachments

• 20231019_101515.jpg
    20231019_101515.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231001_154817.jpg
    20231001_154817.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231027_100225.jpg
    20231027_100225.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 12 Sept 2023- mark up.jpg
    12 Sept 2023- mark up.jpg
    775.1 KB · Views: 12
Questions:
1. It this 1st pic is ar 2.5 weeks old is this Duckwing coloring? I like the coloring just don't know what its called to know what to look for to get more like her.
2. 2nd pic is the same chick just after hatch 3rd pic is today at almost 4 weeks old. I was told she is pure Ameraucana where here other 2 hatch mates only share her dad. Do you think this is true? She did hatch from a blue egg.

More Info:
My Cinnamon Queen (RIR x SLW) when broody this summer at only 6 months old so we got her eggs when she went broody again at 7 months old. She is a good momma so I'm going to get BBS Ameraucana eggs later next year, I'm thinking, from a reputable breeder this time since it will be planned and more controlled. My user pic has the other 2 in it. They hatched from blue-green eggs. If I had not hatched them myself I'd really have questions! 4th Pic of the eggs in the nest, I marked out the egg that didn't hatch.

I know its too really to tell hen or roo! So, I'm calling them all Hens, LOL I really want them to be hens and I really want blue and green eggs! till I get more.
Those are nice colored eggs. True Ameraucana only have one duckwing pattern and that's silver. Red browns are berchin, and then you have wheatens. The others are solids.

Those are nice colored eggs. True Ameraucana only have one duckwing pattern and that's silver. Red browns are berchin, and then you have wheatens. The others are solids.
Do you know where I can find photos of the different colorings?

Yes, I love the egg colors! that's what I'm hoping for when they lay! Fingers crossed!

Thanks!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say my chick IF in fact it is Ameraucana it would be more more type? As she was diffidently a chipmunk chick but her first feathers are not matching the Silver pattern from the breeder web site. Unless its just way to early to tell.

And down the rabbit hole I go on genetics.... what my husband is afraid of!

Back
Top Bottom