Ameraucana or Easter Egger?

Thanks everyone! Those where my thoughts, Next time I may have to buy online from a recognized hatchery. Here in PR it seems like he is the only breeder that have different chicken breeds. all the others only have either black or red stars.

I agree, they are definitely Easter Eggers. Most hatcheries (at least here in the states) falsely market their EE's as Ameruacanas or Araucanas, even well known and reputable ones.

Thanks everyone! Those where my thoughts, Next time I may have to buy online from a recognized hatchery. Here in PR it seems like he is the only breeder that have different chicken breeds. all the others only have either black or red stars.
The only hatchery that has true Ameraucana is Meyer. They only have Blue/Black/Splash. One of the best ways to tell if someone is selling true Ameraucana instead of Easter Eggers is if they specify one of the recognized colors for the breed. If there is no color specified, it's usually going to be an Easter Egger.

The only hatchery that has true Ameraucana is Meyer. They only have Blue/Black/Splash. One of the best ways to tell if someone is selling true Ameraucana instead of Easter Eggers is if they specify one of the recognized colors for the breed. If there is no color specified, it's usually going to be an Easter Egger.

www.mypetchicken.com also has them

You're welcome.

MyPetChicken.com sources theirs from Meyer. They are a broker, not a hatchery.
X2 on both of the above posts.

Update: this is how they look now!
1f609.png
I will update as soon as she lays her first egg.

Back
Top Bottom