ameraucana or EE rooster???

chickydoos

Chirping
6 Years
May 2, 2013
missouri
I just got this rooster today. I think he is sooo beautiful! The lady said she got him from murray mcmurray hatchery. Which sold him as "ameraucana". But i know those are rare and hatcheries just sell them under that name even though they are usually EE's. I bought him for breeding purposes because of his beautiful coloring. I plan on breeding him with my other EE girls, RIR, Cuckoo Maran and Red Sex Link. And im hopung for some beautiful offspring! I cant wait!

he is gorgeous

i would defo use him for breeding to make EE chicks

don't matter what he is he is lovely

looks like EE purely due to the Willow shanks

Last edited:
Thank you so much! To be honest it really doesnt matter either way to me. He is very handsome. And sweet. I have another question tho. I just got him today. I already seen him mount one of my EE girls...how long until the eggs are fertile? When should i start collecting. And how do i know if they are fertile or not? Sorry for the questions but i am new to roosters. I have candeled eggs before. And i have some im currently watching that will be hatching this weekend! So excited! My first hatch! And also my broodies first hatch! So i have seen those chicks moving in the eggs! Absolutely fascinating! ...but how do i candle for fertility?...or can you? Thanks!

Definitely an EE. The fact that he was purchased from a hatchery is a dead give-away, besides the non-standard color.

MMM has definitely been breeding some gorgeous blues and reds into their EEs these past couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom