Ameraucana Projects Thread

This thread went cold but I am posting in here for two reasons:
one, mottled or mf Ams wold be very nice to see/have and I would like to see who is still working these projects. Anyone?

My Blue Silvers are growing out, but the hen that most of them came from was a blue EE... so I am getting more red in them than I was hoping. Have my eye on one cockerel that looks better than the others. Hoping the second blue hen was not an EE, but she came from an egg swap second hand, so I really have no clue to her background. IF I continue or try again, I will invest in some pure Blue Ams. Will take some pics soon, the older kids are filling out nicely and some are real lookers!

Hey, just been reading this post to see what people think might be possible to create with ameraucanas. I have a project that I want to start, it involves ameraucanas but they won't really be amaeraucanas anymore if my project works.

I want to create a crested ameraucana that still lays blue eggs and has slate legs, and beards and muffs.

I want to do it by mixing some brabanters with ameraucanas with ressesive genes. Could anyone tell me what the most ressesive ameraucana color/pattern is? I was thinking of working with creme, black or cuckoo brabanters.

Can anyone tell me what gender of which breed I would have to start with to get this started?

Back
Top Bottom