Ameraucana's from Ideal

Quote:
It is what Ideal calls them. Not out for a debate. Just want to know folks out there that bought from Ideal and what the percent of blue or green to brown.

I have 3 from Ideal: One lays an olive green, the other 2 lay blue green. Hope that helps! I should probably also add this: I am also very happy with my girls! It was one of my "ameraucanas" that was the first to lay-the olive green egg layer. I might also add that this particular girl does not have a beard or muffs, so no where near the breeding standard, but IMHO, if you don't plan to use the eggs for hatching and selling purebred chicks, or using your chickens for show, and you are simply looking to add a little color to your egg carton like I was, then what does it matter? Mutts need love too!

ONe of ours that has no muffs lays a beautiful blue egg. I kinda like all the different types of EE's. All of ours that we have now each look different. However, this time around, I do want more of the green or blue eggs.

Quote:
That is awesome. I love the picture in your avatar.
smile.png
You have to smile when you see it.

I have two EE's from Ideal ( 7 months & 5 months) and one just laid her first egg today. It was brown. Much to my surprize, it was the younger girl who laid it. I hope my older gal lays me a blue or green egg.

If anyone has a picture of Ideal EE's that have green legs could you please post them. TK Poultry is currently speaking to the about renaming them correctly as easter eggers and they are arguing that they are pure, just mixed colors. So, if you have any pictures of them with the green legs, it proves they are not pure.

Thanks,

Quote:
The last ones we got were from Mt Healthy. The smallest of mine also was the 1st to lay. She also laid a brown egg. She lays the biggest eggs of all of them...which I am not sure how she manages.

I have 6 EE's from Ideal and 5 from a local hatchery. All lay either blue or green eggs except one. Not sure who but I have one more brown egg each day than I have brown egg-laying chickens so it has to be one of them. I'm not sure what anyone else's experience has been, but all of the EE'S I ordered from them - I started with 15 - had the boring brown coloring.

Quote:
Also, any EE with an unrecognized color, such as that pretty girl's, can help as well. Most EE's are a duckwing with columbian genes, which in no way is related to Ameraucana colors, and showing such is another good bit of proof.
smile.png

Here are pictures of my 2 EE's from Ideal. The blackish one is 7 months old, no eggs yet. Her legs seem to be dark grayish. The brown one is 5 months old and laid me her first egg today, a brown one : (
Her legs seem to be grayish too, slightly lighter then other EE.

65585_january_16_2011_002.jpg

65585_january_16_2011_004.jpg

65585_january_16_2011_003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom