American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Here is a picture of my two american buff females. This was taken during there moult this year

This spring

This past winter. Right now im trying to focus on the sebastopols and grey dewlap toulouse geese so I am tring to sell them :(

I am interested in getting some Americans next year, but I have some questions. I would be starting a flock for meat production and I wanted to know: How much do they weigh at 7-10 weeks? How noisy are they compared to others, like the Pilgrim? Are they good foragers?

Thanks for the help.

My buffs have been great at foraging. They graze for most of their diet. They get supplemented to ensure they are growing well. I used information from Metzer's website on how much to feed the geese to make sure they do not get overweight. I don't know how much they weighed at 7-10 weeks. I plan to process any future goose for meat between 15-17 weeks. I would say that my geese are not that noisy. I have two and and an embden. They by themselves are not that noisy except when they see me.

Here are some new pictures from today. They have definitely begun to look more like adult geese!

Boris up close and Natasha in the distance.

Natasha

Natasha

Boris on the right, Natasha on the left.

Last edited:
So excited. I thought I was going to have to wait until April, but Ideal Poultry will ship them March 13th. The other thing is that I could order all girls :)

If you want to order... you just need to call. It is not showing that they have them on their website :)

Cool good luck with the little goslings. They are so cute. My geese at about 8 months old are still a joy to me. Just not the kids as much. My gander Boris is getting very hormonal and is more difficult to bluff for the kids. He doesn't try anything when I am there. He is very protective of his girl. No mating that I have seen yet. Who knows when they will start that. I can't wait to have goslings.

Back
Top Bottom