American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Pics
You know when a goose is broody she stays on the eggs all day for 30-33 days and only comes off her eggs maybe every 2-5 days! Some never come off but the weather may be hot but she would still have to sit on the eggs all the time
Hi serv. Just out of interest, (considering that it gets hot here, too...25º upward during the day in winter) mine sit on their eggs all the time even in the heat, it gets v hot, they pant, and they´ll stand for a bit over the eggs to cool down, then sit again, and they´ll come off the eggs every day, usually late afternoon, to eat, drink and swim about, then go back on.
So, even in a hot climate, they sit tight.

Ohh kk

Bad news guys the nest was raided by crows and raccoons last night only 1 egg remaining and it's pearly white she was on it all day today

If this nest was raided by raccoons then your goose is in serious danger.please don't let her sit where she can be killed by predators. 

Thanks for your concern but she'll be okay all the geese sit up there with her and usually chase them off I don't think she was on the best when it happend or she wouldn't have gone back

It was very hot the night before so she was probably taking a break in the pond or going to eat

My geese are not docil they act very similar to African and Chinese geese , very protective they attack everything that goes into the drive way most of the dogs have been attacked by them too they actually really injured a opossum before and it ran away so they really hold their own

Again Thankyou for the concern , also if the gesse don't get the raccoons the dogs will ( we know it wasent the dogs we found raccoon handprints in the mud )

( also her nest is right aginst the house )

Y'all they finally did it they attacked a client that came to the farm , they had to be put away , they'll come out when the tax season is over though

Back
Top Bottom