American Gamefowl Thread!!!!

I dont think you can force a hen to incubate her eggs its like tryn to force somone to poop plus why eould you want to force her ? A hen only sets if she feels ready she needs to be in tip top shape If its a wheaten hen and. That rooster you'll proly get some grey an some red stags and pullets becouse that rooster already is a cross so you wont get concistentcy on the offspring

what is he a cross with? if you have any info on his line I would love to know!!! I got him from a classmate, who got them from his FIL, who in turn bought a few stags out of west texas, from a man on a ranch that had them as a feral flock..... he has a red roo as well...
he also told me they were a $500 pair!

here he is with his hen... I have another hen similarly colored, but a bit darker

C.S., they are good looking birds, I like 'em. All we can guess is a cross between a red and grey colored bird, as D.G. said.
I wasn't going to say anything, but since it was brought up...Yes, I don't think that they are really a $500 pair, considering they're coming from a feral flock. $500 will get you a GREAT bird/pair from breeders who moniter closely, provide excellent care, cull, cull, cull, and know their birds ancestry.

this last link didn't show a pic of a bird.... I would really like to see it tho.
love the Gilmore hatch..... gorgeous!!!

Back
Top Bottom