American Gamefowl Thread!!!!

anyone have any thoughts on what this rooster might be? he was dubbed before i got him but i think he was peacomb due to all offspring being peacomb. i was thinking hatch or just a barnyard mix of gamefowl .... any input is appreciated. merry christmas!

and here is his offspring. the hen was supposedly the same breed as him.

first one is a bad pic but hes the olny yl one

He looks like a spangled hatch. Im guessing due to his medium station, dark legs, and spangle color. As far as peacombs, some hatch if not most can come with peacomb. I know the leiper comes pea. I see some oriental in that third bird down. But it may just be the angle, or the age

My neighbors hatch I took when he moved. I got 2 hens from him as well! I plan on breeding him next spring if he makes the cut. I don't want to dub him though. I like the crown his comb has!

Hi Game Peeps! I have been around game fowl now for 5 years (they live where I keep my horse) and I am now their caretaker. Really love them and would like to try showing a few I THINK might be show worthy. Would you knowlegable people please give me feed back good and bad. GOTTA learn somewhere.... I have shown other breeds, but AGFs are a whole 'nother ball of wax.. :D
Of course you are only seeing side views and the top view . So over all type is harder to assess, I have learned as far as type goes, the bird should have a 45 degree angle to the back and the thighs should follow that angle held close to the body with legs in a angle too. Head should be held a little bit in front of the chest....Of course nice hard feathers, good wing, no broken feathers nice tail spread (on hen) BUT I am sure there is TONS more....HELP anyone?

Hen #1

Hen #2

Hen #3

Last edited:
Looking for a stag, really any strain except white or grey colored. Located in CT, willing to travel to MA or NY, possibly even northeastern PA.. Anyone looking to re home?? Would also be interested in fertile eggs!

Back
Top Bottom