American Gamefowl Thread!!!!

HIGHME agian. He is such a baby I can put him on his back and pet his belly! I love American Gamefowl!

81435_highme.jpg

I actually just bought a trio of ginger redquill and a pair of eslin redquill from the auction bought a pair of super rare joe redmond greys and a pair of bob bennet greys ill take pics asap and post them like I said.

I LOVE ESLIN REDQUILL! I have a 1/2 Eslin RedQuill- 1/2 Marsh Butcher......His father was the Eslin RedQuill and HE IS BEAUTIFUL! I also love the Red Horse RedQuill....I am not familiar with the Ginger variety...POST PICS ASAP PLEASE! I CAN'T WAIT!

p.s.
I would love to see the greys too! Never met a grey I didn't love! I am not familiar with those varities so I googled them
smile.png
VERY NICE BIRDS! I like the Joe Redman better though. The Bob Bennett are pretty but the Redman are GEORGOUS.....must be rare because I have never seen a grey rooster with a white chest! I love it........Post Pics PLEASE! When will they be here?

BANTAMWYANDOTTE
smile.png

Last edited:
Umm, you are aware that there's already a Game thread, right? It may not be dedicated solely to American Games, but about 90% of the birds in the thread are American Games.

Quote:
Actually, No I was not aware...can you send me the link? If I offended anyone, I truly apologize. I only wanted to look st American Gamefowl and Show off mine. Sorry, Again..........

BANTAMWYANDOTTE
smile.png

Quote:
YES HENS COUNT! WHERE WOULD WE BE WITHOUT THEM?

I think you rooster on the top is part Redquill. If you look at mine you will see he is almost identical to my hatch/redquill rooster Highme. Pharow is a beautiful Rooster but I don't see polish in him. Some American Games have "toppies" like yours. He may simply be OEG and AGF mix.....interesting huh? Girlybird looks like a Clariot mixture with Grey. Annie may be part Minor Blue and Grey. Little Missy looks like a mixture of Kelso, Grey and Speeder.

You have beautiful chickens....God Bless you for taking care of little missy....you are a saint!
American Gamefowl are proably the most abused of all the breeds. We need to treat them with more dignity and that is why I created this thread...to show how beautiful they truly are!

WOW this is so cool to find out what on earth these guys are. When I first saw your Highme I said: thats Limpy! I need to take a new picture, that one is 1 yr old. He is more beautiful now. I personally feed him so he all the good stuff my birdies get. I wish he could live at home with me but he is a ghetto blaster/boom box noise maker SO he has to live at the stables where my horse is. I don't think my neighbors would take too kindly to his talking.
big_smile.png

About Pharow, someone told me he had polish because of the toppie, its nice to find out he is OEGB & AGF. He is a fighting fool when by another rooster but with me he is a teddy bear. Likes to be held on his back and have his feet rubbed.....
D.gif

I have a question; little Missy does not make noises and does not lay eggs. I have only had her for a month now and she is still getting her vim & vigor built up. Is there any way to tell how old a bird is?? I am just curious. She will stay with me until she dies. She cannot roost, nor climb the ramp to the coop and I am afraid to place her in there with all the other gremlins overnight so she comes in the house with me and we hang together in the evening. She loves watching TV on my lap. I am a softee.

Quote:
YES HENS COUNT! WHERE WOULD WE BE WITHOUT THEM?

I think you rooster on the top is part Redquill. If you look at mine you will see he is almost identical to my hatch/redquill rooster Highme. Pharow is a beautiful Rooster but I don't see polish in him. Some American Games have "toppies" like yours. He may simply be OEG and AGF mix.....interesting huh? Girlybird looks like a Clariot mixture with Grey. Annie may be part Minor Blue and Grey. Little Missy looks like a mixture of Kelso, Grey and Speeder.

You have beautiful chickens....God Bless you for taking care of little missy....you are a saint!
American Gamefowl are proably the most abused of all the breeds. We need to treat them with more dignity and that is why I created this thread...to show how beautiful they truly are!

WOW this is so cool to find out what on earth these guys are. When I first saw your Highme I said: thats Limpy! I need to take a new picture, that one is 1 yr old. He is more beautiful now. I personally feed him so he all the good stuff my birdies get. I wish he could live at home with me but he is a ghetto blaster/boom box noise maker SO he has to live at the stables where my horse is. I don't think my neighbors would take too kindly to his talking.
big_smile.png

About Pharow, someone told me he had polish because of the toppie, its nice to find out he is OEGB & AGF. He is a fighting fool when by another rooster but with me he is a teddy bear. Likes to be held on his back and have his feet rubbed.....
D.gif

I have a question; little Missy does not make noises and does not lay eggs. I have only had her for a month now and she is still getting her vim & vigor built up. Is there any way to tell how old a bird is?? I am just curious. She will stay with me until she dies. She cannot roost, nor climb the ramp to the coop and I am afraid to place her in there with all the other gremlins overnight so she comes in the house with me and we hang together in the evening. She loves watching TV on my lap. I am a softee.

To be truly honest I am not sure...They all appear to be young like less than two. With that particular bird, aging would proably be a hard task but I would say she is young. Read this thread...it may help.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34217

With special needs chickens, we know there is a problem with the brain but what we sometimes fail to realize is that there can be physical complications as well. For instance, not laying (i'd expect an egg any day, you've had her a month and it's spring) that could be a physical problem maybe with her reproductive organs. Her comb and wattles may not grow ore grow too large. Do you know how she got this problem (car accident? Dog?) that may help figure out why she's not laying. I'll try to find a better answer to this question if that link doesn't help. LET ME KNOW!

Good Luck

BantamWyandotte

Back
Top Bottom