American Gamefowl Thread!!!!

showing my newest baby..
smile.png
sweet natured one likes to be held follows me around everywhere likes jumping on my shoulder
she is a Yellow Birchen/Pupmkin Hulsey pullet

untitled.png

215391_10150278019169338_544984337_9343683_1791910_n.jpg

Quote:

the pumpkin hulsey line is made up from various game breeds including the whitehackles..as some come spangled and have those tiny spots on the feathering where the color variantion comes in from whatever color then white then a lighter shade of their main color coming back to the dark color then white..most of the pumpkin hulsey hens come lighter in color with the pumpkin color showing in the tail and neck hackle..but this girl comes from a crossed with birds of the old lines which created the hulsey in part..she was from a yellow birchen/canary whitehackle pair then crossed to a "golden" normally pumpkin hulsey broodcock..with time and generations they kept only to the yellow birchen/pumpkin pairs minisculing the canary whitehackle but once in a while they show up like this girl..birds about 1 in 400 come out like this..

sorry edited to try and clean up and correct spelling errors

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes they sure do, and I have the bite marks on my hands to prove it AND got bashed in the face with feet by one hen. YOWZA!! Two hens were fighting over one little chick. They both claimed it as their own and I had to move the wee one as it could not get to food or water from where it hatched. Man those two hens went at me tooth and nail! Finally got baby and made sure he drank water before I set up the new home from him and ONE mom. The second hen was hissing and squawking for along time before she gave up.

oh ok, so in short its more or less a spangle pattern that just due to the light tinting of the feathers may have given the appearance of barring?

Quote:

the pumpkin hulsey line is made up from various game breeds including the whitehackles..as some come spangled and have those tiny spots on the feathering where the color variantion comes in from whatever color then white then a lighter shade of their main color coming back to the dark color then white..most of the pumpkin hulsey hens come lighter in color with the pumpkin color showing in the tail and neck hackle..but this girl comes from a crossed with birds of the old lines which created the hulsey in part..she was from a yellow birchen/canary whitehackle pair then crossed to a "golden" normally pumpkin hulsey broodcock..with time and generations they kept only to the yellow birchen/pumpkin pairs minisculing the canary whitehackle but once in a while they show up like this girl..birds about 1 in 400 come out like this..

Quote:

Lol yea in short that's the sum of it..I love these birds and I get lost in the explinations about them and their color variations

Back
Top Bottom