American Gamefowl Thread!!!!

Hi I'm just kinda wondering why none of the cocks you all are posting pictures of are dubbed. I just skimmed this thread looking at the pics and didn't read it so sorry if you already answered that. Like I said, just wondering it's your choice what you do with your birds and I'm not knocking you for not doing it. Doodle_doo I just checked out your web site. Those are some nice whitehackles and hatch.

I am waiting until they finish molting. It is hard to see but all my birds are just now finishing the molting process.....GOOD QUESTION THOUGH!

Cool like I said there your birds do what you want, but I think they better dubbed weather your gana show them or not. Any way they are all nice looking birds.

AGF have to be dubbed for showing?? I know OEGB are supposed to be but AGF too?
hit.gif
hit.gif
I love the big old comb they get, Makes them look too cool and it feels so wierd when you pet it.
gig.gif
hide.gif

Ya old English, American, and moderns all need to be dubbed whether they are bantam or standard. It's important for the history of the breed and a reminder of what the breed was bred for. here's the club link http://americangamefowl.org/ they sell a standard.

Quote:
Well my OEGB & AGF mutt roo Pharoh will be keeping his comb.... he is never gonna be a show bird just my pet......
As a footnote he has the best of both breeds as far as agressiveness..whooo, I have a gamey-mutt in the "chicken hospital" right now and when everyone free-ranges in the late afternoon, he CHARGES over to that cage and BAM! BAM! with his feet. Thank goodness there is heavy metal separataing the two. The other roo cowers when he does that. He's in the hospital cuz he got the stuffing kicked outta him from his own "cell-mates" [there are 4 roos together turning 5 months]. They are NOT my guys, but I play Dr. if someone gets hurt. The people that own these birds are SO RETRO-active rather than PRO-active.......
rant.gif

Quote:
Well my OEGB & AGF mutt roo Pharoh will be keeping his comb.... he is never gonna be a show bird just my pet......
As a footnote he has the best of both breeds as far as agressiveness..whooo, I have a gamey-mutt in the "chicken hospital" right now and when everyone free-ranges in the late afternoon, he CHARGES over to that cage and BAM! BAM! with his feet. Thank goodness there is heavy metal separataing the two. The other roo cowers when he does that. He's in the hospital cuz he got the stuffing kicked outta him from his own "cell-mates" [there are 4 roos together turning 5 months]. They are NOT my guys, but I play Dr. if someone gets hurt. The people that own these birds are SO RETRO-active rather than PRO-active.......
rant.gif

Ya if you don't show and don't like the looks of it I guess you don't have a reason to dub them. I think they look way better dubbed, but that's just my opinion. As far as your friends birds suggest that they tether them, it's about the best way to keep those kind of injuries from happening.

Back
Top Bottom