American serama thread!

I've never had an ear mite problem and i looked earlier and didnt see any signs of them (its kinda hard though because her facd has spots of black just because of her coloring)

I've never had an ear mite problem and i looked earlier and didnt see any signs of them (its kinda hard though because her facd has spots of black just because of her coloring)

wouldn't hurt to treat or mites, sometimes the only way i can make sure on mites is to bathe them- i hate mites

They got a bath last night. what prganic way can i treat for mites?
as far as i know, there is really no way to organically treat that works, i tried diametous earth, didn't work for mine, and mites will kill a bird if ignored- poultry dust will work, frontline spray will work and ivermec drops, i have tried alternatives and just don't want to risk them in case it doesn't work. You could try this site for something i may have missed

http://www.fresh-eggs-daily.com/p/chicken-care-index.html

Well i give them garlic in their water for parasites internally ive also heard it will deture mites. i use lavender oil in the coop every few weeks. my seramas are inside now though

I'm asking because I want to sound reasonable assuming my neighbors do not know about Seramas. They might be thinking I'm crazy for asking what I paid, for "just a chicken", in respect to a reimbursement.
I'd give them a copy of either the bill from when I bought the bird or the new bill for replacement.

Back
Top Bottom