American serama thread!

Gingerbread enjoying the heat of the rice filled tube I have for my neck

Gingerbread (far right) Eggnog (middle) and the newest who hatched last night (no name yet need ideas, christmas peferbly food related) enjoying the heating tube
Gingerbread giveing them the eye cuase I moved to take the picture
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
Wish me luck going down to open her up : ( uggg I hate this but gutt says do it now

opened her up, she had pipped internally, shrinkwrap, I tried to make bigger area at beak, bled a little, wet mem, wrapped her up n put her back, she isnt too strong, good example of waiting too long when ur gut tells ya to help : (

Oh, he is so beautiful, Tripp16!!!
love.gif

Gingerbread enjoying the heat of the rice filled tube I have for my neck

Gingerbread (far right) Eggnog (middle) and the newest who hatched last night (no name yet need ideas, christmas peferbly food related) enjoying the heating tube
Gingerbread giveing them the eye cuase I moved to take the picture
Oh my goodness, they're so sweet!
tongue.png
I know it's not just a Christmas-y name, but Cookie seems to come to me, and of course we eat lots of those around the holidays, LOL
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
Wish me luck going down to open her up : ( uggg I hate this but gutt says do it now
I really hope she makes it, Sally!!!!
fl.gif
Keep her wrapped in a wet towel, lightly, like sitting on one, then the rest loosely wrapped over the top. When she no longer bleeds, you can help her out, but until then, make sure humidity is high, and that her beak is clear to breath and that she doesn't shrink wrap. You might still be able to save her!

Last edited:
I just had a peek and she is alive yet, still closing her mouth, but not really moving or anything very weak never seen one hold on like her ... didnt open up bator just watched her

Way to go, Sally! Glad you saved her. Give her some time and hopefully, she will make it. I think they wear themselves out totally when they shrink wrap and then they need a while to just sleep it off. Breathless did that, but then by about 10 hours in...she was up toddling around like her clutch mates. Good Luck with her and the rest.

gabrielle -- my Grandmother used to make these things called Fudge Crinkles (chewy cookies) ....name it Crinkles
big_smile.png
Or maybe Sugar Plum....or Wassail
wink.png

Christmas names are fun.

Back
Top Bottom