American serama thread!

So cute Outdoorsii! I got my eggs from a local lady. What do you think the silver headed ones will be color wise? The red heads are a mystery to me also, they all are really! What is OEGB?

Hi everyone! I've been busy. I'm not a very good sewer, but I managed to make my crew diapers. It was HARD! I've also seen Sirius's diaper allow him to poop out of it, LOL. It's a little too loose still so I guess I'll have to adjust it. Hermione and Harriet seem to have the best fit, and Luna is sulking still, though everyone else has gotten with the program, LOL. Ugh, this was easily 9 full hours of work! So I have to show it off
woot.gif

Each of them had to be individually adjusted because there just isn't much room on a Serama! Minor differences make major problems!
he.gif
Now lets hope I can fix any other issues so I don't get accidents on the floor
barnie.gif
These bugger don't like to go outside, they like it inside, wouldn't ya know it....
th.gif

Hi everyone! I've been busy. I'm not a very good sewer, but I managed to make my crew diapers. It was HARD! I've also seen Sirius's diaper allow him to poop out of it, LOL. It's a little too loose still so I guess I'll have to adjust it. Hermione and Harriet seem to have the best fit, and Luna is sulking still, though everyone else has gotten with the program, LOL. Ugh, this was easily 9 full hours of work! So I have to show it off
woot.gif

Each of them had to be individually adjusted because there just isn't much room on a Serama! Minor differences make major problems!
he.gif
Now lets hope I can fix any other issues so I don't get accidents on the floor
barnie.gif
These bugger don't like to go outside, they like it inside, wouldn't ya know it....
th.gif
Will yours walk wearing them? I ordered one chicken diaper, and I don't know if it doesn't fit right or what but the one I put it on won't walk, she just flops over, lol. I only put it on her a few minutes, and have been too busy to try again since, do they just need a little time to get used to them?

Will yours walk wearing them? I ordered one chicken diaper, and I don't know if it doesn't fit right or what but the one I put it on won't walk, she just flops over, lol. I only put it on her a few minutes, and have been too busy to try again since, do they just need a little time to get used to them? 

They all acted like I broke their back and legs, flopping over , walking backwards or just slowly leaning forward and flopping on the ground like they'd been Killed :lau

But for some reason, after a while, getting no sympathy, they started to walk normally and attempted to help each other out of their diapers, but that didn't work.. Eventually they forgot about it, LOL. Except Luna, she is still putting up a fight :tongue But the diaper ain't goin nowhere! :gig

Last edited:
cluck-cluck, could you please post pics of your birds standing naturally without diapers? I'm trying to understand the whole Serama-growth compared to other birds as I'm planning on showing mine and some pics of yours at their age would help me better. BTW, I love your roo! He is gorgeous.
1f60d.png

Back
Top Bottom