American serama thread!

Hatched yesterday at 5:22. Waited until the end of day 21, after I had almost given up all hope. The only survivor of 10 shipped Serama eggs. Don't worry, the temp is running 94-95 degrees - my white thermometer is off by a little. It is a little doll. My very first incubator hatch and my very first brand new baby Serama. I have had 2 precious Serama hens for 2 years though, and so I know exactly the treasure I have here. ;-)

One Naked Neck pullet, three D'Uccles, eight Seramas (but no partridge in a pear tree) in the new baby playpen. The oldest Seramas are just under a month old, and the youngest in the pen are the D'Uccles at a week and a half. They all get along GREAT! I love this. No babies in the house now!!

One Naked Neck pullet, three D'Uccles, eight Seramas (but no partridge in a pear tree) in the new baby playpen. The oldest Seramas are just under a month old, and the youngest in the pen are the D'Uccles at a week and a half. They all get along GREAT! I love this. No babies in the house now!!

So cute!

Hatched yesterday at 5:22. Waited until the end of day 21, after I had almost given up all hope. The only survivor of 10 shipped Serama eggs. Don't worry, the temp is running 94-95 degrees - my white thermometer is off by a little. It is a little doll. My very first incubator hatch and my very first brand new baby Serama. I have had 2 precious Serama hens for 2 years though, and so I know exactly the treasure I have here. ;-)
SO PRECIOUS is right! I LOVE singles.....you get to dote tons and tons of lovin on it....IF you work, maybe you can get maternity leave for your baby????? hee hee :p

Well the guy that I got my original Serama eggs from, the eggs that had a single hatch, just gave me another dozen
celebrate.gif
Even though I told him it was my incubators fault. Such a nice guy! I also ordered a new Genesis incubator should have it tomorrow and will set these guys on Tuesday
fl.gif

Here is a pic of the little, any idea what color it will end up being?

Last edited:
Just one baby left! Looks like my serama hatch is going to be 100%! 7/7 that made it to lockdown, 7/12 total :D

Last edited:
The ultimate question...What color will it be? I have a guaranteed answer!

(It's going to be chicken-colored.)

*grin* Off to check on my hen who is hatching a clutch in a trash can of sheep's wool, of all places...!

Back
Top Bottom