American serama thread!

Those are cuties but no guesses from me right now. My new little Serama is 7 mos old. I let her in the baby pen which has my 5 week old Silkies. VisIt did not go as I hoped. Silkies were totally afraid of them. The she would peck them and if they would not more she woul use her foot to move them. Sounds alot worse than it was but I did bring her in after finally catching her. Oh she would run then away from the feeder. Ok that said I do have a couple ?'s. I talked with her breeder and he told me he had not messed with her much so she is alittle uncomfortable with me still. She does not bite me when I hold her nor fly away but you can tell she is nerves with me. Anymore tips or tricks to help her like me and I am sure hoping she is not to old to tame. Thanks so much. :)

HOW OLD are these cuties??? Gotta have that number please...
Actually I hatched the female myself.
smile.png
They are 4 weeks old.
wink.png

I wanted to share a few pictures of my little ones (hens and chicks), since we've had several babies hatched this past month. I'm not allowing any more serama eggs to be hatched, so I ordered some bantam eggs off of Ebay to appease my broodies.

Here are Dumpling and Peeper with the bantam cochin (mix) chick they brooded and hatched together a week or so ago...

This is Sissy, who also hatched a little bantam cochin mix. Her poor face got scratched up/bruised from fighting with another serama mama those first few hormonal days after the hatch...

This silkie Honey Bun hatched one of the two last serama eggs I allowed to be hatched. She was pitifully broody, so I caved in and gave her an egg (this was before I got the idea of ebay eggs). She has been a truly wonderful mother to this little man. His type is terrible, but he sure is a cutie! I love his light chest.

Last edited:
I wanted to share a few pictures of my little ones (hens and chicks), since we've had several babies hatched this past month. I'm not allowing any more serama eggs to be hatched, so I ordered some bantam eggs off of Ebay to appease my broodies.

Here are Dumpling and Peeper with the bantam cochin (mix) chick they brooded and hatched together a week or so ago...

This is Sissy, who also hatched a little bantam cochin mix. Her poor face got scratched up/bruised from fighting with another serama mama those first few hormonal days after the hatch...
This silkie Honey Bun hatched one of the two last serama eggs I allowed to be hatched. She was pitifully broody, so I caved in and gave her an egg (this was before I got the idea of ebay eggs). She has been a truly wonderful mother to this little man. His type is terrible, but he sure is a cutie! I love his light chest.
Wow! That's a LOT of broodies! None of my serama seemto go broody. But my BLRW won'tstay off the nest. She was content with her "invisible eggs" but I went ahead and gave her some eggs to try. Not serama though, I gave all of my serama eggs from the last 2 weeks to a friend to try.
why is one so much bigger is one a girl
???
This happens with all my chickens! Except mine seem to not only be different sizes, but actually mature and grow feathers at TOTALLY different rates

Back
Top Bottom