American serama thread!

I have another question for you experts. I'm looking at these adorable little seramas and their upright kind of pushed up postures and wondering if they have any health issues resulting from this carriage. I'm thinking of pugs and other smashed face dogs that have breathing and eye issues. Do Seramas typically have any issues? And how hardy are they in the winter? Our only other bantams are a D'uccle and silkies who have tons of fluff to keep them warm in the winter.

They are NOT hardy at all and can actually die quickly and without warning. They also are exotic and do not do well in winter, and would need to be housed indoors or with a heat lamp when it's cold.

My coop is insulated and I have a heater on in the winter when it gets cold. But I live in western Wa it doesn't get very cold here for very long. So far I am having better luck keeping my serama chicks alive then my silkies.

Last edited:
I live in southern CA so we don't get real cold. But my coop is insulated and if the temps go under 40 at nite, I have the purple reptile heat bulbs to keep them warm.
In colder climates, heaters and insulation.

In my opinion, they are not real cold hardy under 40 degrees without some form of heat.
The BEST thing is to just bring them all in bed with you ;)

I live in northern CA and are temps get down to about 15 degrees in the cold part of winter and my Seramas do just fine in there little coops . just my two cents on the subject .

OHMYGAWD Ray...he is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
ep.gif
yesss.gif

P.S., You do cover the cages at night when that cold right? I remember you saying you did. Ya know my gremlins are SO spoiled!
wink.png
Yes Froggie I cover them and all the micro birds stay in the shed

Back
Top Bottom