American serama thread!

do you think he is good for the next generation to breed ? i have chosen him because of his beautiful colors and the way he poses :) dont have too much knowledge so i would be gratefull, to hear some experts critism ( i know that word must be spelled wrong lol )
That is a very nice silkied Serama. Looks like very good conformation and stance.

To Tame A Serama:
First, find a treat they like; I use mealworms and boy do they get addicted FAST. Reward *every* time they do what you want, like coming to you. Eventually you get a Serama on your arm digging at your fingers for the next mealie!
Second, put that bird in a small enough cage that you can catch them easily, anytime.
Third, catch and pet them calmly, sit and watch TV or whatever, a LOT.
Fourth....well, enjoy your Serama! :)

Rachael, how did you get 14 from shipped Serama eggs? That is awesome! I got 2; one from 10 eggs and another from 14. Wish I could take a couple of your new ones off your hands. :)

Rachael, how did you get 14 from shipped Serama eggs? That is awesome! I got 2; one from 10 eggs and another from 14. Wish I could take a couple of your new ones off your hands. :)

LOL, me too!!!! Actually, only 9 are actually out of the shell, I don't "count" them until they are totally out of the shell, too much can happen from pip, to zip, to out.

So first hatch out of 18, got 1 (not shipped), second set 0 out of 6 (so I don't even mention this one, it was shipped), third set 1 out of 12 (not shipped). On this one I won an ebay auction for 12+, well for the + she did 10, ended up with 22 eggs
ep.gif

First week tossed 5, brought me down to 17 at week two there were 5 questionable, moved them to another part of the incubator. Then was supposed to go into lockdown yesterday but when I went to transfer to the hatcher one had already pipped, so no time to candle just threw all 17 in.

I am not sure how I got so "lucky", guess when you really want them, it does not happen and when you don't you get a ton, LOL!!!!

I am fairly new to seramas. Those of you that show or breed your seramas to standard - is yellow legs/feet the only color that is acceptable? I purchased ten chicks and two of them have whitish pink legs and feet, and one has willow. I wonder if I should sell them and stick with my yellow-legged birds if I am considering showing someday down the road.

I am fairly new to seramas. Those of you that show or breed your seramas to standard - is yellow legs/feet the only color that is acceptable? I purchased ten chicks and two of them have whitish pink legs and feet, and one has willow. I wonder if I should sell them and stick with my yellow-legged birds if I am considering showing someday down the road.
The only color that is accepted for in cage judging is white. Those have to have yellow legs and red earlobes. Anything passes for the table top judging.

I am fairly new to seramas. Those of you that show or breed your seramas to standard - is yellow legs/feet the only color that is acceptable? I purchased ten chicks and two of them have whitish pink legs and feet, and one has willow. I wonder if I should sell them and stick with my yellow-legged birds if I am considering showing someday down the road.

I am going to add one more thing to Therons' post. Pure seramas DO NOT have white/pink legs. Any other color they do, but not white/pink.
Table Top judging is color blind. They only time that leg color would come into play is if the judge liked 2 birds equally and had to choose one, the yellow legs would take precedence.

NOW, we just GOTTA see pictures of your new little BEBES!!!! :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom