American serama thread!

Does anyone know of a Serama breeder in New Mexico? I would love to get a couple. I found breeders online and these little guys ranged from $35-$125 each.

One more photo today... my nearly 4 week old baby who is staying pretty close to the color it was when it hatched (I know it can change a lot still... but right now, I am in love with the coloring) Snickers!

Thank you to Rachel for the six lovely babies I got last night!! I will be taking pics today. They are simply adorable!!

I am so happy they went to a GREAT home! Can't wait to see what that Dun/Brown one ends up looking like. Don't forget I have 5 more and you know where I live
lau.gif

For all those in the heat, how are your chickens doing? Mine have been so very hot :( and I'm very worried that I may lose some! Fans, misters, wetting them and the ground, we've done it all and I'm not telling how many times a day they get their water refreshed and cooled. Tomorrow, I try ice in the waterers again--they hated it the first time. Twits! Between them and keeping the rabbits alive, it's been a very, very long week.

Here's hoping that everyone is doing as well....and that no one has to go through what some have suffered thus far this summer! :(

It sounds like you are doing everything right to keep them cool. Those misters are lifesavers. We have had that heat the past 2 summers. This summer has not been that bad so far, but unfortunately we still have a couple more months in which it could and likely will get that way. Since I only have 3 Seramas they are inside if its too cold or too hot. My other 2 non Seramas get the mister, ice water, and chilled watermelon rind.

Last edited:

This is Buddy our house Serama............He is such a love and wonderful company...........
He likes to stand on the top of his cage a watch out the window.............
He is in our kitchen nook so also very good at getting treats..
If we have food, he does his little rooster dance and clacks his beak until he gets something.
He has us very well trained.
He is super handsome!!!!
Here are the pics!
What a fun range of colors! New chicks are so exciting!
Such a cute picture!! I love how creative you all get with your picture taking!
Does anyone know of a Serama breeder in New Mexico? I would love to get a couple. I found breeders online and these little guys ranged from $35-$125 each.
What are you looking for? eggs, chicks, adults? There are a lot of people in arizona that could probbalyship to you once it cools down.
For all those in the heat, how are your chickens doing? Mine have been so very hot :( and I'm very worried that I may lose some! Fans, misters, wetting them and the ground, we've done it all and I'm not telling how many times a day they get their water refreshed and cooled. Tomorrow, I try ice in the waterers again--they hated it the first time. Twits! Between them and keeping the rabbits alive, it's been a very, very long week.

Here's hoping that everyone is doing as well....and that no one has to go through what some have suffered thus far this summer! :(
My serama are inside, but all my other chickens outside are having a rough time. They get some cool from the rabbit misters, but most of the time they all just stay in the shade. We let em out during the hottest part of the day so they can all go dust bathe in the wet dirt from the misters under the rabbit hutch.
It sounds like you are doing everything right to keep them cool. Those misters are lifesavers. We have had that heat the past 2 summers. This summer has not been that bad so far, but unfortunately we still have a couple more months in which it could and likely will get that way. Since I only have 3 Seramas they are inside if its too cold or too hot. My other 2 non Seramas get the mister, ice water, and chilled watermelon rind.
Those are great ideas! I have been feeding lots of cold watermelon and cold greens to the goose, I bet that would really help the chickens too

i freeze jugs of water and they snuggle up to them- might try that- also, someone posted this on facebook-
Great video and great idea! Wonder if anyone here has adobe bricks, or if I'll have to figure another way...I suppose it could work for rabbits as well, a shallow tray with either the brick or wood to sit on? Hmmm...The ice water was a huge hit, but when the day ended and I didn't refresh it, they seemed disappointed with just normal cool water. :)

Back
Top Bottom