American serama thread!

Hi Froggiesheins :) not alot. Working building pens. Trying to help put our first show on in here in Oklahoma. Gonna be grilling for everyone. How you been?

Last edited:
I'm so very sorry, Froggie. She had a sweet face and was so pretty. I lost one of my girls to the same thing this spring. Wish there was a way to prevent that. It happens too often.

Hi there! Just wondering if there are some clues to this little Serama chick's identity. This tiny Serama chick is chipmunk colored now but what color do you think it will turn out to be? And is this a A boy or A Girl ? :) Is there a way to sex Serama chick's or are they too small at this point?
jumpy.gif
This baby is 6 days old now. Thank you!

Hi there! Just wondering if there are some clues to this little Serama chick's identity. This tiny Serama chick is chipmunk colored now but what color do you think it will turn out to be? And is this a A boy or A Girl ? :) Is there a way to sex Serama chick's or are they too small at this point? :jumpy This baby is 6 days old now. Thank you!
Looks like a boy and no clue on color.

Hi there! Just wondering if there are some clues to this little Serama chick's identity. This tiny Serama chick is chipmunk colored now but what color do you think it will turn out to be? And is this a A boy or A Girl ? :) Is there a way to sex Serama chick's or are they too small at this point? :jumpy This baby is 6 days old now. Thank you!
Hi there, That sure is an interesting color, but I'm afraid it is nearly impossible to tell what they will look like based on chick down. My 9 week old dark brown 'partridge' patterned cockerel is beginning to develop white tipped feathers on his breast! Their color can change so fast, because they are in a constant state of semi-molt (they loose and grow feathers every day) 6 days is a little old to try feather sexing, usually the latest it will work is 3 days. But you won't be guessing gender for too long - all chicks develop fast, but Seramas especially! Wait four or five weeks and the comb should either still be small and yellow or black, or sticking above their feathers and be pink to red in color. Hope I didn't dampen your spirits too much! That is a cutey you have, and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

color is hard to tell on serama. Thats what so great about them :) nice chick
Hi there! Just wondering if there are some clues to this little Serama chick's identity. This tiny Serama chick is chipmunk colored now but what color do you think it will turn out to be? And is this a A boy or A Girl ? :) Is there a way to sex Serama chick's or are they too small at this point?
jumpy.gif
This baby is 6 days old now. Thank you!

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

i jut candled some of my serama eggs and i got to see a baby move!
love.gif
most of the eggs have been the bator a week as of today the rest will be a week in tomorrow

of the other eggs i candled lots of them had tons of veins but i couldn't see the baby..and a couple look clear but i wont toss them yet

I'm so very sorry, Froggie. She had a sweet face and was so pretty. I lost one of my girls to the same thing this spring. Wish there was a way to prevent that. It happens too often.

Preventative spaying, barbieszoo. I have been in contact with my avian vet about doing this procedure to possibly lengthen their lifespan. She was the one that mentioned it when I asked about how to prevent this from happening.
Ovarian cancer is becoming more common in chicken breeds across the board but it seems seramas are hit very hard with egg laying problems. IT SUCKS!

Back
Top Bottom