American serama thread!

Ahhhh....so is THIS what these gals are?? I happened on this thread by accident! My neighbor gave me these 2 and a Cochin of some sort and I've had no idea what they are?! All I knew is that he bought them as chicks to feed to his snake!!
smack.gif
Thankfully, it wasn't hungry!!

Anybody got any ideas what is causing my broody girl to lose the feathers just on her head and neck? It's not mites because I already treated for that as well as bathed her. None were found. We thought it could be her moulting, but no pin feathers are growing in yet. She's just over two years old.

If you look closely, you can see the chick under her :)

Anyone going to the Northeastern Ohio Show this weekend have any Serama hens or pullets for sale? We will be at the show and my granddaughter needs at least two females for breeding. If you have any hens or pullets for sale and are going to be there, please let me know!!!!!! My granddaughter uses the Serama cocks she has for showmanship and has won the showmanship in the last two shows she was in and I would like to keep a good line of these little sweethearts. Nicest show chickens I have ever seen!

Anybody got any ideas what is causing my broody girl to lose the feathers just on her head and neck? It's not mites because I already treated for that as well as bathed her. None were found. We thought it could be her moulting, but no pin feathers are growing in yet. She's just over two years old.

If you look closely, you can see the chick under her :)

Just curious, is she by herself or with any other birds? I have been experienceing this myself of late, and am at a loss as to what is causing it. They cannot pull them out themselves.... strange...

If you look closely, you can see the chick under her
smile.png
Took me a bit to find the chick! Very cute! If you don't get an answer to the mystery here, you might try posting in the emergencies/etc forum.

May not be your situation, but I have a hen that picks feathers from the throat of her rooster, and she also did it to the breast of her chick. No one else in the coop is bothered. Both of the victims hold perfectly still while she does it! Very strange.

Back
Top Bottom