American serama thread!

More pictures - taken Wednesday. Any guesses on what colors they might turn out to be?

This is Nilla. I think she is a pullet. Has some golden mottling on her breast, everything else is white.

This is Pepper. I think he is a cockerel. A little on the shy side, huddles a bit on the table. No idea what color he will be, but he was a pretty pale buff "chipmunk" color at a day old - same exact color as Nilla in fact.

This is Spark. She is my complainer. What a mishmash of colors on her. White, mottled, red w/black lacing around the neck. Black and white in saddle area.

And last, but not least, this is my rescue baby - the one I had to help hatch (shrink wrap) Coloration looks like a pullet, but the comb is starting to develop and turn red so might be a roo. Breast is white. Tiniest baby. No official name yet, call him/her my "Baby."

Last edited:
What a pretty color Ra! Is it silver?

Platinum.

( I really have no idea.
smile.png
)

been awhile since i checked in, after deciding to drown my laptop...
barnie.gif
i am using an older one which isn't really byc friendly...sigh... anyway
so boaz has started being a bit of a bully to ruth, poor thing can't even lay an egg without a romantic interlude- is that the norm?

been awhile since i checked in, after deciding to drown my laptop...:barnie i am using an older one which isn't really byc friendly...sigh... anyway
so boaz has started being a bit of a bully to ruth, poor thing can't even lay an egg without a romantic interlude- is that the norm?

OH BOY, spring is in the air BIG TIME for Boaz....maybe when Ruth is laying take Boaz for a cold shower??? :D

maybe thats what it is- well, i held him yesterday to give her some peace- good grief- am thinking of adding a hen to the mix to give her a break, so she gos over and pops the other hen on the head- like this is MY Man! :duc

Well, if you can find a hen that has a similair personality [and size] to Ruth, it should not be a problem. Yes there will be the initial hey who are you.....stuff, but ......there is always room for one more?? OR just take Boaz for some time out from his rooster duties....:D Maybe you can be one of his girls??? hee hee

Back
Top Bottom