American serama thread!

Congratulations June!! I hope you can attend the CC someday. It was so fun and meeting everyone was so cool.

Love the chick photo's! My chocolate mottled frizzled pullet has been laying and I have hatched 3 so far. I'm hoping for a couple of frizzles but they're too young to tell just yet. I'll post photo's when they're feathering out.

My husband has been busy today, working on remodeling the 8 by 16 building that he brought home for me to use for my Serama's. I can't wait to have it settled in place and using it, he plans to set it up as a permanent structure. I plan to have some pens inside with access to go out to some secure runs but that may have to come later. I'll use the cages I have until I can build them in but I plan to have them on bedding rather than wire but those stack cages will still be good for my Araucana chicks before they go outside.

Here are some photo's I took today, they were enjoying the perfect weather to be out on the grass.

Tiger - wheaten cockerel, carries chocolate and is producing chocolate. He is a son of my rooster T-Roo.

Tiger and CocoPuff, my chocolate mottled frizzled pullet who is laying now and I have 3 chicks so far.

Another pair of my chocolates.

This one is honey mustard color I think. His mate is a third generation pullet from my original stock from Jerry's.

This is the above cockerels mate, she's such a nice little pullet.

Congratulations June!!  I hope you can attend the CC someday.  It was so fun and meeting everyone was so cool.

Love the chick photo's!   My chocolate mottled frizzled pullet has been laying and I have hatched 3 so far.  I'm hoping for a couple of frizzles but they're too young to tell just yet.   I'll post photo's when they're feathering out.

My husband has been busy today, working on remodeling the 8 by 16 building that he brought home for me to use for my Serama's.   I can't wait to have it settled in place and using it, he plans to set it up as a permanent structure.  I plan to have some pens inside with access to go out to some secure runs but that may have to come later.  I'll use the cages I have until I can build them in but I plan to have them on bedding rather than wire but those stack cages will still be good for my Araucana chicks before they go outside.  

Here are some photo's I took today, they were enjoying the perfect weather to be out on the grass.

Tiger - wheaten cockerel, carries chocolate and is producing chocolate. He is a son of my rooster T-Roo.

Tiger and CocoPuff, my chocolate mottled frizzled pullet who is laying now and I have 3 chicks so far.

Another pair of my chocolates.  

This one is honey mustard color I think.  His mate is a third generation pullet from my original stock from Jerry's.

This is the above cockerels mate, she's such a nice little pullet.

Beautiful birds!! LOVE the hen in the last picture tho...her color is so pretty. :love

A serama is a serama I don't care about any of the drama. I will show at any show ASA SCNA ABCD I dont care, im in the serama to promote the breed and to get it popular within 4h and FFA as it is a fun breed to have. I am on SCNA yes but have no problem with ASA or any other clubs that pop up. I will continue to show my birds at any show I have access to and will continue promoting the serama in a positive matter throughout. The serama brings the best and the worst out in people, it seems like some take it in a positive matter and some act in a negitive matter towards it. I don't know why that is but it is that way in my opinion.

Now on to traditional and American
I personally breed for Malaysians as thats what got me attracted to this breed in the first place. The malays are fun to watch and have outstanding attitude. Again I also breed americans and have white,black,blue and barred projects going. I just wanted to state my opinion on this whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom