American serama thread!

Nova - My seramas are let out with my big birds, and do fine, although they tend to stick to their own and stay in close to the coops. They do have a separate coop/run that they go back to each evening. I would think with milder breeds like polish and SF, they'd do just fine. Not sure if you have other, more aggressive breeds. Most folks who live in areas with cold winters do provide heat for seramas, so that may become an issue for you come winter time...

I am in Holland MI. SO, right off the lake. I figure I will build an aviary type thing, and move them to the garage in the winter, where the water hardly ever freezes. LOL. AND, can provide a heat lamp as well. I been thinking on it quite a bit since I asked Theron what type of birds they were. Yes... I let my kid buy birds and didn't even ask, just assumed. LOL. My most aggressive bird is actually a faverolle x. I do not know what she is crossed with, but she sure is pretty. I am thinking they'd probably be good and ok with the silkies. I move them to the garage in the winter also.

Wow... that paragraph just kinda rambled.

Okay, gotta say right off... VIVA SERAMAS!!!
Too, LittleChucks, your pullet hen is gorgeous!!!

We are currently looking for three or four Serama chicks (female whether chicks or pullets). Does anyone know of a breeder in S. NV, S. CA, AZ, or Utah? We're willing to drive a couple of hours but we can only have hens and can only take three or four. We watch Craigslist like hawks (lol, chicken hawks.... err...) but just can't seem to get the right find.

If anyone has any leads, please let me know.

Thanks so much and thanks for building such a strong Serama thread!

Can you find the 2 Seramas?

I got 2 new seramas
wee.gif

Okay, gotta say right off... VIVA SERAMAS!!!
Too, LittleChucks, your pullet hen is gorgeous!!!

We are currently looking for three or four Serama chicks (female whether chicks or pullets). Does anyone know of a breeder in S. NV, S. CA, AZ, or Utah? We're willing to drive a couple of hours but we can only have hens and can only take three or four. We watch Craigslist like hawks (lol, chicken hawks.... err...) but just can't seem to get the right find.

If anyone has any leads, please let me know.

Thanks so much and thanks for building such a strong Serama thread!
I got our Seramas from OC Seramas (in S CA) and was very pleased with them! Would definitely recommend.

http://www.ocseramas.com/

I just hatched out some serama chicks, and I was wondering if you guys could tell what color they are?

Your comments or critique are welcome as well. :)

Colors??? ADORABLE AND BEAUTIFUL! Here is my UN-expert findings: one is orangy-chocolate, one is dark orangy chipmunkie and one is the cutest speckled/chipmunkie thing I have ever seen!
SERIOUSLY: I haven't a clue...:idunno :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy but they sure are CUTE!

Back
Top Bottom