Amprolium

JesWith3

Songster
Jul 25, 2022
We have suspected coccidiosis in our new baby chicks. They are dying one after the other. We want to hydrate them, but they also need medication. My question for any of you that may know is; can amprolium 20% soluble powder (1/2 tsp per gallon of water) be mixed WITH the Save a chick electrolyte and vitamin powder?
Thank you.

Also...please see this:
You aren't using enough.
Screenshot_20230316-132726.png

Also...just in case you aren't sure...get a thermometer and make sure your brooder is not too hot.
Too hot kills quickly.

I can assure you without a doubt that if I kept chicks at 90° in my house, it would kill them.
80 or 85 is plenty warm enough.

Also...please see this:
You aren't using enough.
View attachment 3433427
Got it! So funny because I told my daughter "this just doesn't seem like enough". Read your post and said "I knew it" lol Got it all mixed up now (1.5tsp to a gallon of water) and dosing the remaining babies now. Wish us luck and thanks again.

Also...just in case you aren't sure...get a thermometer and make sure your brooder is not too hot.
Too hot kills quickly.

I can assure you without a doubt that if I kept chicks at 90° in my house, it would kill them.
80 or 85 is plenty warm enough.
Oh for sure. Our house is chilly (not well insulated) here in the North, so, 85-90 in the brooder is working well for them. Death one after the other with black diarrhea. I have checked for pasty butt and cleaned the vent of one, but to no avail. Nobody is moving away from the warm end of the brooder, they just begin with lethargy, head shaking, stop eating and drinking, lay down, chirp loudly for a bit, and then die.

Oh for sure. Our house is chilly (not well insulated) here in the North, so, 85-90 in the brooder is working well for them. Death one after the other with black diarrhea. I have checked for pasty butt and cleaned the vent of one, but to no avail. Nobody is moving away from the warm end of the brooder, they just begin with lethargy, head shaking, stop eating and drinking, lay down, chirp loudly for a bit, and then die.
Can you take a picture of your setup please?

Back
Top Bottom