An Xray of Hen Laying an Egg

Quote:
Calcium is not great xray shielding but it provides some protection because bones/eggshells are fairly opaque. Regardless, there is not enough dose in an xray or two to cause much risk.

You (the chickens) probably get as much radation from natural background during the 21 day gestation as they get from an x-ray like that.

Montyhp

Awesome! Thanks for posting it!
smile.png

That is very cool
ep.gif
Now, I have a question. How do x ray a chicken??? We have one with a crooked spine and a lump, but figured we can't take her to the vet because first of all how can you get it to hold still for an x ray and second of all I don't think a chicken would survive spine surgery
sad.png
After seeing this, I think I will take her to see what it is.

Quote:
I don't know exactly how they did it, because they wouldn't let me go back with her. I know the vet technician held her, though, but I didn't get to see any of it. I just had to sit in the waiting room until it was over. The technician must have been wearing special gloves(??)

Oh I just love it - started giggling when I read this. Can you imagine what was going through this poor chickens mind? Oh the indignity of it all! That could be me actually. Always either having babies or needing the loo at the most inopportune moments....

Back
Top Bottom