Andalusian? Prairie blue eggers??

Hi! I'm really curious, did any of your faverolles turn out to be boys? I have 2 babies that just turned 16 weeks. In the picture you posted, the one in front seemed to have some dark feathering on breast/undercarriage. Or shadows. ? How do they look now?

Attachments

• 20220808_164424.jpg
    20220808_164424.jpg
    892.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi! I'm really curious, did any of your faverolles turn out to be boys? I have 2 babies that just turned 16 weeks. In the picture you posted, the one in front seemed to have some dark feathering on breast/undercarriage. Or shadows. ? How do they look now?
No boys. They look good! They are definitely hens. all the "wrong" dark feathers on my hens are gone. I guess first "molt" or "adult feathers?
I have 3 chicks from them.
The father(s) are lavender. The chicks aren't supposed to be lavender but two are. I dont know about the genetics of Faverolles, and there are only best guesses, but their saddle feathers are lavender on the underside!
Anyway, they are beautiful chicks. One roo and two hens.
Pictured with foster banty mom! (she hatched them).
20220817_180723.jpg

They have been laying blue eggs for 4 months, I'm not gonna break the news to them now! 🤣
So I'm super curious, did any birds with single combs lay blue eggs, or just the birds with pea combs? I've seen boxes of PBB (50-100+ birds) shipped from the hatchery to Rural King this spring, and they all had pea combs, so I'm wondering how yours turned out.

Back
Top Bottom