Animator/Artist Chat Thread

c at.png

your cat character is very cute!

Awww! Thanks :) I'm going to get into digital art soon, anyone have a program recommendation? My Mom says photoshop or illustrator will be pretty much my two options?

Also does anyone have a tablet reccomendation?
Honestly, start off with something free, like MediBang, Autodesk, Ibis Paint, etc.
It'll help you get comfortable with everything.
And, if you mess up the program, you don't have to worry about payments. You can always buy something later on (like Sai, Photoshop, etc.). XD

As for tablets, there's a few different types.
Samsung and Apple sell actual tablets for drawing, but they're really expensive.
If you have a computer, I'd recommend looking into the Wacom tablet range. They're tablets that plug into your computer and allow you to draw from there. (And, most won't absolutely destroy your wallet. XD)

I use a Samsung tablet, and it's been amazing. I love the pen pressure, and the larger screen. <3
But, it has a little chip in the protective cover where I pressed way too hard, and it occasionally catches the pen tip. ;--;
Otherwise though, it's survived being roughed up. :p
(I would recommend a cover if you get a tablet. Better to destroy the cover than the screen. :lau )

Hope I helped? XD

Awww! Thanks :) I'm going to get into digital art soon, anyone have a program recommendation? My Mom says photoshop or illustrator will be pretty much my two options?

Also does anyone have a tablet reccomendation?
Medibang works for everything. Very good. It's free.

Honestly, start off with something free, like MediBang, Autodesk, Ibis Paint, etc.
It'll help you get comfortable with everything.
And, if you mess up the program, you don't have to worry about payments. You can always buy something later on (like Sai, Photoshop, etc.). XD
Awesome. I'm going to look into getting MediBang... will it work on a laptop?

I'm usually more old school and just draw on PAPER. A few years ago I went to graphic design school, but quit 20 credits short of graduation. I did learn to use Photoshop and Illustrator... I'll see if I can dig up some old files. These days, the only program I can still remember how to use is InDesign -which doesn't have near as many tools/effects.

For now... here's a little design I made (on my computer!!) in the spirit of the season:

party1.jpeg

A version of last year's invitation to my daughter's party

party2.jpeg

If anyone wants one, I can customize and email a pdf (no charge). I've been thinking for a while about opening my own Etsy store... but :idunno

Back
Top Bottom